Forums

Help › Forums

Re: i don't get the logic behind bracket progression so someone please explain to me

rated by 0 users
Tue, Sep 17 2019 2:13 PM (3 replies)
  • TWEDLAKE
    174 Posts
    Mon, Sep 16 2019 3:46 PM

got into this TL bracket, ID 636435.  won 1st round handedly by 6 strokes against my opponent.  amirintexas also won his 1st round against his opponent by 4 strokes.  My score was 30, his was 32 so I'm 2 strokes ahead already.  So he and I progress to next round where we both score 3  but then I'm bumped from progressing to the next round - why?  I've scored lower than he did in 1st round.

• WGTShamWow
    905 Posts
    Tue, Sep 17 2019 9:16 AM

For a tie, it would be based on the round you played against that player and not on previous rounds. I included information about ties below from our FAQ section here: http://www.wgt.com/help.aspx

In the event of a tie, the better scoring entrant between or among the tied entrants will be the entrant with the lowest combined score for the final nine (9) holes of the Game. If any ties remain, the better scoring entrant between or among the remaining tied entrants will be the entrant with the lowest combined score for the final six (6) holes for such Game. If any ties remain, the better scoring entrant between or among the remaining tied entrants will be the entrant with the lowest combined score for the final three (3) holes for such Game. If any ties remain, the better scoring entrant between or among the remaining tied entrants will be the entrant with the lowest score for the 18th hole (9th for nine hole games) in such Game, and any remaining ties will be determined by identifying the lowest scoring entrant for each individual game hole, in sequence from 17th (8th for nine hole games) through to 1st, as is necessary to determine a winner, and if any ties remain at that point, the earlier-submitted entry between or among the tied entries will be deemed the better scoring entry.

Best,
    WGTShamWow

• Infyniti
    27 Posts
    Tue, Sep 17 2019 10:22 AM

TWEDLAKE:

got into this TL bracket, ID 636435.  won 1st round handedly by 6 strokes against my opponent.  amirintexas also won his 1st round against his opponent by 4 strokes.  My score was 30, his was 32 so I'm 2 strokes ahead already.  So he and I progress to next round where we both score 3  but then I'm bumped from progressing to the next round - why?  I've scored lower than he did in 1st round.

Short version.

It's not cumulative.

• TWEDLAKE
    174 Posts
    Tue, Sep 17 2019 2:13 PM

WGTShamWow:

For a tie, it would be based on the round you played against that player and not on previous rounds. I included information about ties below from our FAQ section here: http://www.wgt.com/help.aspx

In the event of a tie, the better scoring entrant between or among the tied entrants will be the entrant with the lowest combined score for the final nine (9) holes of the Game. If any ties remain, the better scoring entrant between or among the remaining tied entrants will be the entrant with the lowest combined score for the final six (6) holes for such Game. If any ties remain, the better scoring entrant between or among the remaining tied entrants will be the entrant with the lowest combined score for the final three (3) holes for such Game. If any ties remain, the better scoring entrant between or among the remaining tied entrants will be the entrant with the lowest score for the 18th hole (9th for nine hole games) in such Game, and any remaining ties will be determined by identifying the lowest scoring entrant for each individual game hole, in sequence from 17th (8th for nine hole games) through to 1st, as is necessary to determine a winner, and if any ties remain at that point, the earlier-submitted entry between or among the tied entries will be deemed the better scoring entry.

Best,
    WGTShamWow

thank you sir.

RSS