Help › Forums

Re: Used Country Club for Sale

rated by 0 users
Sun, Sep 22 2019 7:04 AM (24 replies)
  • jacktrade51
    10,835 Posts
    Wed, Sep 18 2019 4:06 PM

lilpup:
    Did you actually read my post before you began bashing me sir?

I did and I stand by my comments.

By your version, 3 members when you left and now 170 … so somebody not new was recruiting.  Really?  Who was admitting the members?  It wasn't your 169 recruits.

But, the big BUT … only the owner can upgrade recruits to members or whatever.  So you were absent.  Only the owner can delete inactive players.

You appear to have 0 club tournaments.  That's because you probably did not give anyone the authority to create them.  And, as noted above, much of your membership is not playing.

If you were going to walk away for a while, you should have transferred ownership.  In my club, there is a succession plan if I am AWOL for 2 weeks.  

And, as noted by others, Black Diamond GC is happy to take active players also.

I am a "survivor" (don't want to be too dramatic) of a club with an absentee owner and it stunk at the time.

So my point was don't embark on something if you do not know what you are doing.

But since you are back, go to Owners Tools and transfer ownership.

Tom.

• CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Wed, Sep 18 2019 6:03 PM

He got recruits because he left the door open ,  There is an option in the owners tools to let anyone join . Of course I don't let anyone join our club without having a look at their score history etc.  The members in said club would be better off if it closed . The active players who reside there will find another home . 

It costs 50 credits to buy and start a club , That's why there are so many dead clubs out there . If they would charge 2500 credits to open a club and 1000 credits a year to keep it open , Then you wouldn't see every tom , dick and harry open one .  

Anyone with 50 credits can open a club . Not very many can run a successful one , It takes a lot of time and effort .  

• jacktrade51
    10,835 Posts
    Wed, Sep 18 2019 7:20 PM

+1

I know about the effort to run a club, or even be an active director.  I never aspired to either.

But here I am running a 5 year old club, although I have only been owner for 3.5 years.  And it messed my game up;  I had to learn to balance ownership/director responsibilities and my virtual golf game (which is why I joined WGT).

As to the open door, ty for the reminder.  I had forgotten about that.  Admission has always been contingent in BD on approval by a director or owner.

• AlaskanDame
    18,876 Posts
    Wed, Sep 18 2019 8:59 PM

Check OP ‘s wall.  He’s had an offer.  

• K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Wed, Sep 18 2019 9:25 PM
    As a club owner, I fail to understand why any WGT club would be worth paying real dollars for. I have a very nice club, with many fine and honorable members. What I don't have is grass, a clubhouse, a fleet of carts, a fine kitchen or well-stocked bar. My grandfather saved our old hometown country club in the depression, mainly by paying the bills, Astoria Golf and Country Club is still going strong today. But it's a real place that you can actually drive to. Unlike every club on WGT.
    Kenbo00:

The Topic of the Post is used club for sale...

A club is a virtual thing. I have heard of people offering to pay for top clubs... I will repeat, top clubs. Yours is full of newbies only. Which is fine, but not worth money. Do like they said above. Give people ample notice that you plan on closing the club. That way they can find another club, or just look for one after you close it. You may also look for someone who wants to be an owner from outside your club... 

• borntobesting
    9,605 Posts
    Thu, Sep 19 2019 5:40 AM

AlaskanDame:

Looks like the player who made the offer used to be in your club.

• JDGHOST
    6,748 Posts
    Thu, Sep 19 2019 6:16 AM

Laslow0:

JDGHOST:

There are many good clubs out here that would take some or all of your "active" members and then killing the club would not seem so heartless ...So I suggest posting on your forum your intentions of closing club (If your forum is being used by anyone)... Then suggest members should look on "Country club corner" for new homes....This of course is an alternative if no one steps up and takes the reigns (which I suspect will be the case)...You could list the clubs of those who have responded to your post as potential new clubs for those interested....

JD

JD will take ALL your WGT tired, poor, huddled masses yearning to breathe free in a new CC!!!  

I should "TM" that little diddy and make a t-shirt out of it. :)

My man Laslow!! Like a "Brofessional"  Volleyball player....Always there for an outstanding "DIG",,,,,,LMAO what up brother??

Also I cant imagine he actually means "FOR SALE" guys I'm sure it was supposed to be a clever  title to his thread??   At least I hope so lol...

And lastly I imagine his club grew  in size  with an inactive owner because (correct me if I'm wrong) But in my owner settings there is a box available to check saying "allow player to join upon request" ...or something to that effect??

JD

• JDGHOST
    6,748 Posts
    Thu, Sep 19 2019 6:31 AM

jacktrade51:

+1

I know about the effort to run a club, or even be an active director.  I never aspired to either.

But here I am running a 5 year old club, although I have only been owner for 3.5 years.  And it messed my game up;  I had to learn to balance ownership/director responsibilities and my virtual golf game (which is why I joined WGT).

As to the open door, ty for the reminder.  I had forgotten about that.  Admission has always been contingent in BD on approval by a director or owner.

Man talking about hitting the nail on the head !!....Agree 100% with both Casey and you Jack..."The messing up my game part" Trying to build-up and manage our club ,run events etc...Has dulled my playing skills for sure ..But there are some rewards the once in awhile "hey thanks" and "the club is doing great,love it here" type comments ..Make us as owners know we're helping to make others virtual golf experience more enjoyable...

My thoughts anyway....JD

• AlaskanDame
    18,876 Posts
    Thu, Sep 19 2019 7:51 AM

borntobesting:

AlaskanDame:

Yes, for two days, and it turns out she had no intention of playing more than CTTH and blitz, not club tournaments or multi-player.  I wish her luck, but I do not know her well enough to understand the offer.

• EasyEdward
    13,495 Posts
    Thu, Sep 19 2019 3:08 PM

AlaskanDame:

borntobesting:

AlaskanDame:

Yes, for two days, and it turns out she had no intention of playing more than CTTH and blitz, not club tournaments or multi-player.  I wish her luck, but I do not know her well enough to understand the offer.

Yes made it in our CC for 3 - 4 days as well - all "she" did was complain about how hard the competition was but never took anyone up on the offers to help learn the game....

Followed them for a bit after they left ours but changed CCs more often then most people change their socks, so I gave up.....

RSS