Fri, Sep 20 2019 5:53 AM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Tue, Sep 17 2019 3:22 PM

• BOZskills
    392 Posts
    Tue, Sep 17 2019 3:32 PM

I'm with you also LS,plus i missed the part where he was asking for advice/help. All i read was alot of trash talking !

• JimbeauC
    5,835 Posts
    Thu, Sep 19 2019 5:25 PM

I remember the last time I attempted to play with randoms. No one from the CC was around, so put one up, dropped the approach on the first hole to within a yard - poof - gone. OkeeDokee, try again. Ditto, 'cept that approach was more like 4 feet, as I recall. 

Don't play randoms. There's seldom any joy to be found there anymore. Used to be kind of fun getting to know some folk. Heck, I got into my first CC based on a random play. 

Those were the days. Long gone. 

• K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Thu, Sep 19 2019 8:43 PM
    I play "strangers" all the time. It's the main way I recruit for my club. Rarely have an issue.
    JimbeauC:

I remember the last time I attempted to play with randoms. No one from the CC was around, so put one up, dropped the approach on the first hole to within a yard - poof - gone. OkeeDokee, try again. Ditto, 'cept that approach was more like 4 feet, as I recall. 

Don't play randoms. There's seldom any joy to be found there anymore. Used to be kind of fun getting to know some folk. Heck, I got into my first CC based on a random play. 

Those were the days. Long gone. 

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Fri, Sep 20 2019 1:10 AM

TopShelf2010:

Luckystar5:
    he started dishing it out, shouldn't he expect to get it back? 

Oh I agree with you 100%

Don

That could be the real reason people bail on him. Not many players want to play with someone who trash talks them.

Joe

• drmoose
    3,532 Posts
    Fri, Sep 20 2019 5:53 AM

I play random matchplay, any tier, almost daily , and would have to say 90% results in a fun match. Yes, you do get the occasional poor sport, but, the opportunity to meet other players, I feel, far outweighs the bad. 

Doc :)

• PAGES
RSS