Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Inconsistent even when hitting my shots close to the sweet spot.

Wed, Nov 6 2019 3:03 PM (5 replies)
  • spcbrass
    1 Posts
    Wed, Sep 11 2019 3:10 PM

I have been having some major difficulties with this game lately. I feel like I am stuck in some kind of a rut. Missing every green short and burning the edge with each putt. Missing the center of the hit meter even by a fraction of a centimetre is resulting in some really bad shots that go way offline.

I know some of that is my level(30) and some of that is my beginners equipment, but at what point does the game deliver a near consistent result for a fractionally missed shot? I have even hit dead centre on the meter several times and still missed badly left, right, short and long. I understand the calculations for uphill, downhill, wind, etc. Is the game just designed so that I have to grind it out with bogeys all day long until a certain level and can unlock decent equipment? 

I’m all for a realistic golf simulation but if I want to miss shots all over the place I’ll go do it on my home course! What’s the scoop vets and long time players? How grindy is this game until I can be semi sort of competitive with anyone over age 5?

• lonniescott711
    4,180 Posts
    Wed, Sep 11 2019 3:24 PM

spcbrass:
    I know some of that is my level(30) and some of that is my beginners equipment

Actually its all your fault . You have a 10 year old account and only 20 ranked rounds and yet you expect to get good at the game . If you want to get better then put your time in and learn the game . You havent even played enough to complain about the game at all . Practice practice and then more practice . You will get better depending on how much you learn and how much you practice .

• Dex000
    109 Posts
    Thu, Sep 12 2019 9:20 AM

^^^ This.

• DoctorLarry
    4,275 Posts
    Thu, Sep 12 2019 10:36 PM

spcbrass:
    I know some of that is my level(30) and some of that is my beginners equipment, but at what point does the game deliver a near consistent result for a fractionally missed shot? I have even hit dead centre on the meter several times and still missed badly left, right, short and long

You just came back on 10 September after being off for who knows how long.

When you are at level 33 (means you have played little the past 10 years) and have low-level equipment nothing will go well.

You have to play a lot to learn the game and to achieve levels where you can get clubs with any precision.  The variability in where shots land is huge with low-level equipment - by design.  Dinging the shot means little with starters.

Play a lot, practice, make notes, move up levels, and get better equipment.  All those things will allow improvement.  Without doing those, don't expect things to change.

Just telling it like it is.  Your choice.

• Faz2000
    93 Posts
    Wed, Nov 6 2019 3:03 PM

Whilst I agree with above posts - nobody at your experience can expect to be "good" at this game - I won't pile on.

Instead I will say it might not all be your imagination. Even with top-notch equipment, there is some "randomness" built into every swing. With higher precision and forgiveness clubs this will have less and less of an effect, but a player can still make the same swing twice in a row and get subtly different results.

That's all in the game, and in that regard, true to life. Of course that's why the best players play slightly within the margins, too, so that more often than not the ball ends up where they want.

RSS