Forums

Help › Forums

Re: SEL v The Fairway Fanatics

Thu, Jan 9 2020 11:57 AM (50 replies)
  • pipala
    887 Posts
    Thu, Sep 12 2019 10:35 AM

Cheers Carl, will be in touch with you guys soon :)

• carlosdev
    2,528 Posts
    Thu, Sep 12 2019 10:57 AM

Pip..

Sept - Oct is filled with one CC n Nov is RC month, So, if people are not busy with Christmas holidays n stuff, we can arrange for 1st week Dec onwards :) 

Very close to one year gap too :) :) Good motivational looking forward scenario to kick azz.

Will send PM. Let's not hijack this thread lol 

- Carl 

• Borat74
    2,787 Posts
    Thu, Sep 12 2019 12:52 PM

TomCarioca proudly presents:

CCvsCC

In a spectactular 18 hole fight TomCarioca took the lead first, contestant Ostfriedel came back and the turn saw a tie.

F9

Back 9 saw Ostfriedel in front up to #16. Tom won #17 for tie and with a breathtaking putt for birdie at #18 he took the victory.

B9

Fanatics what a match!

Thanks to my opponent Ostfriedel who definitely is a great guy and a true sportsman!

Thanks for Paul organizing this thrilling event.

And thanks to all that kept fingers crossed and stood by me :)

Sounded like a great game folks

• xxDannyxxo
    196 Posts
    Thu, Sep 12 2019 1:35 PM

ok after i advertised this would be on twitch started well 1 up after 1 & shot to 2nd green nearly hit pin but rolled back 10 yds or so
    then 50 odd ft putt hit it & BOOM INTERNET CRASHED.
    took 30 mins to restart as ironic i had a windows update to do as restarted
    when finally comp booted up decided not to stream in case of that was reasdon p.c went pfft.
    anyway oppo was still green luckilly so invite away got to 2nd after sorting out me 1 up after 1
    so on 2 i decided to keep things fair id make sure im around 60 ft from pin on aproach to keep fair acheived thatso genuinely bak to evens
     could tell Mikes putting was off & that was prob difference between us
    as it is im posting a 6 up win for
    xxDannyxxo vs Mikeyk911

• pipala
    887 Posts
    Thu, Sep 12 2019 1:41 PM

Cracking match there and down to the wire.

Great start to this contest and great reports in as expected, nothing between us so far.

Best of luck to all yet to play, I have a feeling this one will be close.

Enjoy!!

• Phippo20040
    104 Posts
    Thu, Sep 12 2019 3:11 PM

Game with corbyph arranged for Sunday 15th at 7.30 pm uk time

i will be twitch the game on twitch channel  phippo2004

• TdotDoba
    2,154 Posts
    Thu, Sep 12 2019 8:24 PM

What a great match I just had with Gary (HockeyTown) It really had everything....

It started on the 1st hole at 10am, I landed one short right and it trickles down and into the hole for an eagle and a 1up lead REPLAY... from there we halved holes until the 6th when Gary made a great curly putt for the bird and A/S, Gary then birdied the 7th to take a 1up lead. And then I lost internet, it didn't come back for awhile so we decided to meet up again 10 hours later at 8:30pm.

We cc'd holes until we arrived back at the 8th with Gary 1up. He then made a great bird on the 8th to go 2 up.... I had a chance to pick one up on the 9th when Gary went past the front pin by 15 but as I took a bit to much off to make sure I was under the pin, it came down on the downslope fringe and literally rocketed across and right of the back of the green lmao... got to cute with the punch back and well... cc and moved on...Gary is 3up at the turn...

I then took 10 & 11 to bring it back to 1up for Gary....we both made some great clutch putts to keep it that way, then on 16 I threw a dart and made the bird to bring it back to A/S...

We both hit the green on the 17th, I got a bit to greedy and pushed my eagle putt to hard and paid the price as couldn't convert my come back 9 footer and Gary took the hole and a 1up lead...

On to 18, front hole so a chance I thought, both had good approaches, I was under the hole and Gary was above the hole and that was the difference..... Gary's putt just crossed over the right side of the hole and didn't drop... I hit mine nice and firm and it was lucky enough and dropped... so we ended in a well deserved tie.... really was such a great battle, it was fitting that it ended in a draw... we both agreed.

Cheers Gary another great battle mate.

Thanks Pip & Paul for putting this together.. it was played in great spirit and fun.

• Borat74
    2,787 Posts
    Fri, Sep 13 2019 12:08 PM

Welcome m8 and glad to see a twitch game aswell.

Great stuff Phippo

be makin sure me and Pipster are done by then.

N1

• Borat74
    2,787 Posts
    Fri, Sep 13 2019 12:09 PM

Cheeky one on the 1st there Paul,lol

• Borat74
    2,787 Posts
    Sat, Sep 14 2019 1:03 PM

had my game with James today and he didnt fire like he normally does and i finished eagle,eagle which seeled the deal for a 28-34 win for me,Cheers James.

RSS