Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Mobile Improvement Wish List

Thu, Nov 21 2019 7:50 PM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • amb1923
    223 Posts
    Thu, Sep 5 2019 6:59 PM

In general, I like the mobile platform. There are two improvements that would really help & don't seem that hard to add:

• A leaderboard that displays more than the top 25 entrants in a tournament 
    • A restart function on the menu for full stroke and not just CTTH

I'd also love a way to save replays from mobile, but I suspect that would be more challenging to add.

Thanks!

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,468 Posts
    Fri, Sep 6 2019 5:54 PM

amb1923:
    I'd also love a way to save replays from mobile

This! It's way overdue... :-(

• borntobesting
    9,605 Posts
    Fri, Sep 6 2019 7:13 PM

They had it before using a company called Everyplay but it had was only on IOS. They stopped using Everyplay and never got a new company to replace them

• SeveFrost
    1,478 Posts
    Sat, Sep 7 2019 11:18 AM

I'd love Matchplay to be introduced, and also the ability to set up Stableford events in your CC

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,468 Posts
    Sat, Sep 7 2019 1:29 PM

borntobesting:

They had it before using a company called Everyplay but it had was only on IOS. They stopped using Everyplay and never got a new company to replace them

You're right. I remember that. It was like 3-4 years ago, wasn't it? I could never take advantage of it though 'cause I played (still do) with Android devices. Yeah, it's a shame that WGT didn't (couldn't) find any replacement.

I tried several recording apps but they either caused jumpy meter, made the WGT app crash, turned my device into a pocket heater, etc., etc.

I guess it has to be an embedded function within the WGT app in order to make it run smoothly...

SeveFrost:

I'd love Matchplay to be introduced, and also the ability to set up Stableford events in your CC

Sorry, has nothing to do with the topic but is your ID a combination of Severiano and (David) Frost?

They're the players I grew up watching and admiring their swings and game playing. Sadly, Seve is not with us... I wonder how/what David is doing now. It was the golden era of professional golf.

Sorry again, couldn't help but ask...

• fobby1980
    310 Posts
    Sat, Sep 7 2019 2:31 PM

amb1923:

• A restart function on the menu for full stroke and not just CTTH

This makes soooo much sense that in all likelihood it’ll never be implemented. 

FWIW you can do screen recording on iOS. It will literally record everything that’s happening on your iPhone. 

• SeveFrost
    1,478 Posts
    Sat, Sep 7 2019 3:02 PM

Simon, yes two of my favourite players. David is still playing well on the seniors tour, he finished 12th at this year's senior PGA Championship and 7th at the senior British Open

• AussieMick11
    1,275 Posts
    Sun, Sep 8 2019 4:51 AM

In my opinion, communication on the mobile platform is the one area that needs the greatest improvement. 

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,468 Posts
    Sun, Sep 8 2019 4:47 PM

SeveFrost:

Simon, yes two of my favourite players. David is still playing well on the seniors tour, he finished 12th at this year's senior PGA Championship and 7th at the senior British Open

Thanks for the reply, SeveFrost. :-)

Yeah, I googled about David right after I had posted this. Glad to know that David is still playing well and staying in shape! One of the best players who deserved a major title... but who cares? Nothing changes the quality of the man and his game!

Cheers.

AussieMick11:

In my opinion, communication on the mobile platform is the one area that needs the greatest improvement. 

Can't agree more!

We're playing the game with a device originally designed as a phone so adding a DIscord-like communication function within the app should not be too hard to implement.

• pdiehm
    285 Posts
    Thu, Sep 26 2019 4:18 AM

I actually want more mobile only WGT sponsored tournaments.  There should be a tournament for PC, and a tournament for mobile.  Reason is, a mobile player, such as myself doesn't have access to tools such as excel sheets to calculate wind distance, or putting breaks, or power for putts, nor do we have access to virtual rulers, and such.  

I think the mobile game is harder than PC because there are no tools to aid players except for a thing called skill and experience.

• PAGES
RSS