Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Participation

Thu, Sep 5 2019 4:25 AM (4 replies)
  • rawits
    56 Posts
    Sun, Sep 1 2019 3:11 PM

Anybody notice? Out of the 70 plus friends I had at the beginning of the year...only 3 or 4 are green anymore, at any one time...

I know about some defections to the "Perfect" place...where did the rest go?

Why is it so hard to get a 4some for Alt even at "primetime" 5pm PST...? Running out of "Anyones"?

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Mon, Sep 2 2019 5:51 AM

Does your current country club host evening events?  Have you reached out to the 100 or so active members of your club who are NOT on your friends list? Do you join random AS matches and then friend request any of the others in the foursome that you found worthy? Do you regularly cull your friends list so that you have a list of only those you play with? (It can be illuminating to do that once  a month.)These random thoughts might give you a better picture of yourself.

One thing that I did was start looking for clubs that used Discord. With WGT you can only belong to one country club. With Discord you can join multiple servers. I have noted that you are friends with several members of Paragon. You might want to contact Kenher01 about joining their Discord server without joining the country club.

The IndianRed club, owned by Indian55, uses Team Speak. They have regular evening games. Perhaps you could join them on their Team Speak server without leaving ARGCC.

Check with Davitdown about the OCGL ladder league. They use Team Speak and do not require country club membership.

All this means is that you can expand your playing options without changing country clubs. Good luck in finding more games.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Mon, Sep 2 2019 3:11 PM

rawits:

Anybody notice? Out of the 70 plus friends I had at the beginning of the year...only 3 or 4 are green anymore, at any one time...

I know about some defections to the "Perfect" place...where did the rest go?

Why is it so hard to get a 4some for Alt even at "primetime" 5pm PST...? Running out of "Anyones"?

Click on some of your friends and see if they are still playing

• rawits
    56 Posts
    Wed, Sep 4 2019 2:17 PM

I have...they're not...I was alluding to the fact that the base PC bunch are kinda like Trumpers...only the diehards are left...

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Thu, Sep 5 2019 4:25 AM

Since I rely on friends when I am looking for multiple player games, I do not do randoms. As I noted earlier, there are ways to increase your chances of not having to rely on these same randoms that have gone missing. I do believe that you are right about the difficulty in finding partners your way since most of the players I run into seem to have an abhorrence to randoms.

Randoms are like a stale box of chocolates:you never know if you will be left with a bad taste in your mouth. (My apologies, Forrest)

RSS