Forums

Help › Forums

Re: The players or the equipment are getting too good.

Wed, Sep 11 2019 7:32 PM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Wed, Sep 11 2019 11:44 AM

kavvz:

IMO, there's no incentive for them to tone down the equipment.

People will pay for upgraded things, not only on here but every day in every facet of life.  Wonder how many Ts2 drivers they sold.  How many iPhone 11's is Apple going to sell.

That's not a knock on WGT; they're smart to release things they think/know people will buy.

That's pretty much true, although at some point some will think I can't be bothered to try to compete with this any more. 

The revenue lost through these people will be a lot less than they make from the new missile launchers, especially when you consider it will mainly be the folk that can't afford the upgrades and best balls and are therefore competing on an increasingly uneven basis that are most likely to get fed up.

kavvz:
    But the equipment performance levels are all relative with who is using them.

Lol, I've been repeating this to myself and I just know it's wrong  but if I'm honest I also think I know what you mean, and the comparison that followed helps there.

Ok so if you and Mags have the same clubs you wont get the same scores, I think the gap would grow as the skill factor would be more important (with less forgiveness, faster meters, further from the pins so longer putts, etc), and that was what the op said.

The equipment performance levels are the same for everyone, if you miss the ding, read the shot wrong or whatever the equipment will still perform as it should under these circumstances. If you do miss the ding your badly hit shot will still end up closer to the target than it would with lesser equipment.  The rest of us do things like that more often the top players.

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Wed, Sep 11 2019 1:52 PM

I'm not sure if you're agreeing with "relative depending on who's using them" or not.  Lol  :) 

It sounds like you disagree, but then it also sounds like you agree.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Wed, Sep 11 2019 2:36 PM

kavvz:
    I'm not sure if you're agreeing with "relative depending on who's using them" or not.  Lol  :) 

Sorry this bit  

Ok so if you and Mags have the same clubs you wont get the same scores, I think the gap would grow as the skill factor would be more important (with less forgiveness, faster meters, further from the pins so longer putts, etc), and that was what the op said.

was very badly written 

What I think is the clubs are so good these days, particulary forgiving, that they do narrow the gap.  If you and mags were both playing with lesser clubs your extra mistakes, his better putting etc etc would mean the gap between your scores would widen not stay the same.  That was what the op said (roughly). 

kavvz:
    But the equipment performance levels are all relative with who is using them.
    That as written I completely disagree with, the clubs attributes don't change, ever, so the performace doesn't either.  If you hit a bad shot and get a fairlly bad result that isn't the club performance level. The perfomance level will still help you too, the same shot with inferior equipment would probably be further away from your target.
  • kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Wed, Sep 11 2019 3:41 PM

DodgyPutter:

If you and mags were both playing with lesser clubs your extra mistakes, his better putting etc etc would mean the gap between your scores would widen not stay the same.  That was what the op said (roughly). 

I think I can buy into that.

But I'm not sure why anyone would want that.  i.e. for the gap to widen... 

If OP is advocating making the clubs worse, and says the gaps between the top and not at the top get wider, that kind of defeats the purpose of making the clubs worse doesn't it?

Unless the goal is just to make it more like real golf.

• LEDzZzEPP
    501 Posts
    Wed, Sep 11 2019 6:53 PM

We must have into consideration the vast majority of gamers in this site really dont like golf (The Golf), just play through the shop and get into the virtual environment wgt has created, reach fancy tiers..score amazing (but unrealistic) low rounds, be in the top, even if that means almost forget what kind of game this is about  :)

Each one have the option to decide if want try to play this game as a Golf game or an mix of billar & darts.., under what the game itself provides of course, is a shame have not the chance of play Uneven lies & ''force'' players to play proper Golf, but..

i still enjoying the views!

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Wed, Sep 11 2019 7:02 PM

I don't know Zepp.  I think the majority of players here actually do golf in real life.

• LEDzZzEPP
    501 Posts
    Wed, Sep 11 2019 7:32 PM

kavvz:

I don't know Zepp.  I think the majority of players here actually do golf in real life.

you right,..virtual world  :)

• PAGES
    RSS