Help › Forums

Re: Club upgrade advice (Master lvl 79)

rated by 0 users
Tue, Sep 3 2019 4:53 PM (6 replies)
  • LukePugh181
    3 Posts
    Fri, Aug 30 2019 3:58 AM

Hi all

Just started playing again after a break and managed to get around 10k credits through offers on the mobile app.

Looking at upgrading my driver and irons first (already upgrading wedges to new Vokeys 60/80/100)

I currently have TaylorMade R1 driver and R 11 irons.

For the irons In was thinking I would be best to grind it out and level up to 85 whent Cally Apex irons become available, unless there are any other suggestions?

With my Driver it is between the TaylorMade M5 which is available now or again wait to lvl85 for the Callaway Epic Flash. Main difference I can see is the the Cally is slightly cheaper and has high trajectory but not sure which would be better or if any other suggestions?

After that I will look to upgrade 3w and maybe a putter.

Also on the look out for an active club to join if anyone has any space ? 

Thanks 

Luke

• callaghan159
    6,220 Posts
    Fri, Aug 30 2019 10:40 AM

LukePugh181:
    Also on the look out for an active club to join if anyone has any space ?

The Peoples Club is very active 

• LukePugh181
    3 Posts
    Fri, Aug 30 2019 12:25 PM

Just sent a request. Thanks

• BOZskills
    391 Posts
    Fri, Aug 30 2019 3:50 PM

Luke,i have the cally rogues which the apex replaced(identical numbers) i love them! You can't go wrong with them,were my first high traj irons,changed my game! As far as the drivers go they're fairly close. I played with the old M1 that the M5 replaced,it was solid used it for a long time no complaints. Because of the high forgiveness and slow meter rarely missed a fw,never really found m/h traj an issue. Now i have the cally sub zero(lvl96) which is similar to the one you are looking at,just a little longer. So i guess it really breaks down to cost and how long you're willing to wait. Think you'll enjoy either one. Best of luck ,cheers!

• SeabrookFlash
    463 Posts
    Sat, Aug 31 2019 8:57 AM

Fairway Fanatics is a great club

• SeabrookFlash
    463 Posts
    Sat, Aug 31 2019 8:57 AM

Fairway Fanatics is a great club

• Faz2000
    93 Posts
    Tue, Sep 3 2019 4:53 PM

LukePugh181:
    Looking at upgrading my driver and irons first (already upgrading wedges to new Vokeys 60/80/100)

I currently have TaylorMade R1 driver and R 11 irons.

For the irons In was thinking I would be best to grind it out and level up to 85 whent Cally Apex irons become available, unless there are any other suggestions?

Nice, those Wedges will last you forever. I reckon the L85 irons are the best for quite a while.

At L90 I think there are some that have better stats - but a faster meter - and then there's a long wait and a lot of rounds before something legitimately better. The L85s will get you through Master, Tour Master and able to compete for the lengthy grind at Legend.

RSS