Forums

Help › Forums

Re: TP5 level 92 ball

rated by 0 users
Thu, Sep 12 2019 10:39 PM (4 replies)
  • GirnBlanston
    648 Posts
    Wed, Aug 28 2019 9:32 PM

Beware buyer.  This ball sucks.  If you use backspin on your irons it falls short by10 yards but not all the time.  Highly inconsistent.  Buyer beware!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Thu, Aug 29 2019 2:13 PM

GirnBlanston:

Beware buyer.  This ball sucks.  If you use backspin on your irons it falls short by10 yards but not all the time.  Highly inconsistent.  Buyer beware!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not at all.  I use these balls and they work fine.  Except for those rare WTF shots, they play consistently.

You do have to learn how to account for the spin on ANY ball as it affects distance on each shot, 

When you change clubs and/or balls, expect things to be different.  I have mapped distances each time I changed a club or ball.  That is the only way to know how they will perform.

You also have to learn how each hole plays, as not all play the exact distances marked.

But I assume you should know all that.

• NickBianchi
    12 Posts
    Thu, Sep 12 2019 10:53 AM

I agree.

The ball doesn’t suck. It’s a bit tougher to get used to though.

When playing with spin with head and tailwind, it’s fairly easy to map.

I haven’t found out yet how to adjust to lateral wind with those. Have the feeling they "fly" more, as if they were lighter.

• triple000
    220 Posts
    Thu, Sep 12 2019 1:51 PM

Why you wud want 2 use a ball with 5 sp. amazes me !!

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Thu, Sep 12 2019 10:39 PM

triple000:

Why you wud want 2 use a ball with 5 sp. amazes me !!

Once you learn it, it gives more options.  I mapped mine for no spin, full backspin, full topspin, and make notes for inbetween for all clubs (except putter, lol).

RSS