Forums

Help › Forums

Re: My game is frozen again now for 2 days why does this keep happening must be 10th time this year

rated by 0 users
Thu, Aug 29 2019 3:05 PM (17 replies)
  • PAGES
  • jacktrade51
    10,835 Posts
    Sun, Aug 25 2019 7:43 PM

99.99% of WGT players have never had a problem.

But early ejection for duplicate IP addresses should be automatic.  If some one wants to re-start, kill the old one.

As to posting policies, this is virtual golf.  As far as I am concerned, if I hear Trump, Sanders, Warren, etc., it is reason for ejection.  I am a club owner.  Automatic ejection in our club, and nobody knows what I think on this.

I have political views, BUT NOT IN WGT.

• claremoreblue
    2,322 Posts
    Mon, Aug 26 2019 3:43 AM
    LOL
  • DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Mon, Aug 26 2019 4:01 AM

TopShelf2010:

However, if this player was so desperate to get help on their frozen game, why not simply contact Customer Support? Instead of flooding damn near every sub forum?

Which brings me to this alarming question.... if a player, upon joining WGT, is under moderation when it comes to making forum posts, who at WGT is responsible for letting this player make post after post?

And if there is a who that is responsible, why would they not simply assist this player right out of the gate?

On the first maybe desperate is the key word.  The reason I feel some sympathy is my own technical inability, for instance I've tried to set up streaming periodically over years with no success. It seems everyone else manages :-(

It looks to me like someone who doesn't know how to set up the game or maybe keep it running for whatever reason.  He also doesn't know the correct (or best?) way to get things sorted.

I suspect he does know to contact CS as they seem to have let him restart his game after the post at the end of May.  Even there I see a lack of understanding of how things work as he immediately bought low level equipment although he was soon put to Level 80 and, shortly before the latest frustrations, upgraded again.

All I really meant before was fine jump on the multi's that are out to cheat, but those that are just being incompetent don't really deserve the same.

On the two accounts and wgt; they must know as he contacted them through the second one last time too, you'd think they'd mention closing it then.

Moderation is a mystery to me.  I spent about 18 months on it and copied my posts.  I made two lists, those that passed and those that didn't and without the heading it would be difficult to guess which was which.

@ Undertaker' if you have not contacted Customer Services you should.  If you want help from anyone in the forum you need to give more details and sticking to one thread would help. 

What exactly do you mean by "my game is frozen"?  What do you play on, what browser, do you clean cache etc,  how often does this happen? etc etc.

There are a lot of people that play this game and most problems will have been seen by someone before.  Lol, though to be honest yours could be the exception with it's longevity and even (I think) surviving a complete restart :-/

• AlaskanDame
    18,874 Posts
    Mon, Aug 26 2019 9:34 AM

FWIW, I was not “jumping” on the multi so much as trying to point out why s/he might be frozen.  The WGT algorithm for matching up IP addresses to wgt names is fairly (or unfairly as to spouses, roommates and visiting friends) inflexible and results in blocks, whether an advantage is being achieved or sought by the “multi” or not.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Mon, Aug 26 2019 12:46 PM

Fair enough AD, I wasn't really talking about anyone in particular more the tone of the thread.

For clarity, If as you suggest above he meant the account was suspended by "frozen" and it was to do with multiple accounts I don't think it'd be for the "second time this week" as was on the post you copied nor would "My game continues to freeze up for days at a time" be the case.  The accounts were both searchable too.

AlaskanDame:
    The WGT algorithm for matching up IP addresses to wgt names is fairly (or unfairly as to spouses, roommates and visiting friends) inflexible and results in blocks, whether an advantage is being achieved or sought by the “multi” or not.

I'm sure you're right but there is a vague possibility that it's only when you play on two accounts, this from FAQ.

Can I create more than one player account?

Each player may have one account, and you can only create one player per email address. Playing in tournaments using more than one account is a serious offense and may result in being permanently banned from WGT.

Strange and unclear wording.

And it looks like they've know about this since May and the main account was played on today. His problem must be solved, until the next time ;-)

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Mon, Aug 26 2019 12:54 PM

jacktrade51:

99.99% of WGT players have never had a problem.

But early ejection for duplicate IP addresses should be automatic.  If some one wants to re-start, kill the old one.

As to posting policies, this is virtual golf.  As far as I am concerned, if I hear Trump, Sanders, Warren, etc., it is reason for ejection.  I am a club owner.  Automatic ejection in our club, and nobody knows what I think on this.

I have political views, BUT NOT IN WGT.

I missed the politics you refer to :-/  hope that doesn't mean an early ejection for me, if so it wont be down to any of the named :-(   

• PhilEStein
    1,269 Posts
    Wed, Aug 28 2019 12:42 PM

It's too early to walk to the warren down the lane to check my snares and as my sander's malfunctioned in the workshop, I shall sit down with family and have a game of Trumps for an hour or so.

• whooshdangit
    1,246 Posts
    Thu, Aug 29 2019 3:05 PM

Sounds like you're having a 'mare Pete Phil  : )

Cheers!

• PAGES
RSS