Help › Forums

Re: director/member/recruit?

rated by 0 users
Tue, Aug 27 2019 6:34 PM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • terencehill3
    978 Posts
    Sat, Aug 24 2019 8:55 PM

how do you as owner reward a member in your club???

• Foooze
    312 Posts
    Sun, Aug 25 2019 7:20 PM

How do you as a member contribute to a club?

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Aug 25 2019 8:13 PM

By the title of your thread are you wondering how to change the player's status? If you are, go to your members list and the three buttons to the right of a members name is where you make that change.

• AlaskanDame
    18,965 Posts
    Sun, Aug 25 2019 10:30 PM

I use “recruit” for about a month, just to let members see who is new so they can send out friend invitations in case they missed the original welcome announcement.

Then everyone is a “member” unless they take on extra responsibilities and become a “director.”  Directors can invite new people to the club, too, and make custom courses.

I use “veteran” as a way to designate who can use blue passes during Clashes (along with Directors).

So, I guess there can be “rewards” given, if you think of blue pass use as a reward, or the making of custom courses as a reward, etc.

• jacktrade51
    10,899 Posts
    Mon, Aug 26 2019 12:34 AM

terencehill3:
    how do you as owner reward a member in your club???

We don't actually.

You have a small club starting out.  You are trying to find a community of players who have common WGT values.  It takes time and commitment.

There are no "rewards".  Except the top 0.1%, we are losing money, except those playing with starter clubs and ball, and they aint competing.

If you want to start a real club, you need a few friends and a vision.  There is NO SUCCESSFUL LONG TERM CLUB, without multiple members invested.  And who agree on theory of club.  As the owner now, you set that.

say AKD's club or Black Diamond GC (our clubs very similar in approach) work very differenty than UK Elite or Transgressional.  I am not criticizing last 2 … lol, I have friends in both … it is a different theory on the club we want to belong to.

FINALLY:  If you want to be an owner, you better spend some time to learn all owner tools and how to use them, figure out you cannot do it on your own, which is why you need directors … to spread the work.  

As to "Directors", only for those who will help build club.

No rewards.  People creating a common online WGT golf haven to play in.

You want more and my experience... private friends message.

Tom.

PS: You have five active members.  I will take you all in to Black Diamond GC.  We cater to all skill levels with no rules on what one plays.  Be active, use free cc passes.  We've been around 5 years per WGT, really 7 because of name change. 

• AlaskanDame
    18,965 Posts
    Mon, Aug 26 2019 4:20 AM

I celebrate my 8th anniversary with FAPC in September though we had a name change, too, so it’s really older than that.  Lots of new energy added along the way, but a long-term core remains, too, that has become comfortable being an extended online family of friendships. Been through walk-about owner’s disappearance; deaths of members and members’ spouses, children, and parents; plus shared weather/mass shootings/accidental injury challenges.  We’ve had births of children and grandchildren, battles with cancer won and lost, numerous joint replacements, and several couples have met and married even.  Have also weathered the advent of the mobile platform, the plethora of new equipment in the Pro Shop, and the crazy green speeds and unpredictable winds of what passes for golf here.  Pros have become Legends.  Masters have become Tour Champions.  Still with the club and helping raise others with equipment and advice. We double our joys and halve our griefs (real life and WGT ones), without extensive touchy feely stuff.  Can learn a lot about people from small remarks over 8 years.  FAPC is a special place - or I would have quit WGT long ago instead of being “rewarded” with its ownership.  An owner can only do so much ... it’s the members who provide the reasons to continue.

• jacktrade51
    10,899 Posts
    Mon, Aug 26 2019 3:43 PM

+1 to what AKD said.

Related comments:  Everything she said applies to BD.  I have carried members through extensive periods of inactivity because of serious car accidents, health issues, economic problems.  The club is in effect an online family and we do not kick people out for real life issues  … if we know about them.  But that's how AKD and I work.  Not all clubs are the same.  We also survived disappeared owner, so our name changed too.  5 year anniversary was last week, but we go back 7 years.

I hate the term "owner".  At best, I am senior managing director.  Club policy changes (not recently since we have been stable for a while), are always discussed with other directors and usually in club forum as well.  Nor am I the original owner of our club.  We had a peaceful transfer of "power" a couple of years ago because I had more time to spend on it, and the first owner remains a director.

Also, because of the disappearing owner problem, which WGT will provide no help on, we have a succession plan.  If I go to say Tahiti for 4 weeks (I wish) and say "be back next month", nothing happens.  But if I don't show for 2 weeks without any notice, a couple of our directors have my sign-in info and can sign in as me and transfer club ownership.

Tom.

• BogeyOne
    1,965 Posts
    Mon, Aug 26 2019 4:27 PM

jacktrade51:

a couple of our directors have my sign-in info and can sign in as me

Tom.

Uh oh

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Aug 26 2019 4:35 PM

jacktrade51:
    I hate the term "owner".  At best, I am senior managing director

Same here. I'm just steering the ship for a while. Leader of the band and supreme leader of the no-drama club. LOL I think I'm the 4th since the club started a long time ago and I'm lucky to have a great bunch of players AND people. 

p.s., I don't see any harm in the fail safe you have in place for when you get sent to a black hole.   ;-)

• AlaskanDame
    18,965 Posts
    Mon, Aug 26 2019 4:51 PM

BogeyOne:

jacktrade51:

a couple of our directors have my sign-in info and can sign in as me

Tom.

Uh oh

Yeah, that jeopardizes the other member and you as two accounts using the same IP address.  I just keep a “transfer owner” link in play, whether I’m gone or not on vacation.  If I’m MIA, the person activates the link.  No WGT problem.

• PAGES
RSS