skip nav

Forums

Re: If I told my members to do this would I wrong

Tue, Aug 27 2019 3:35 AM by Kenbo00. 24 replies.
  • Laslow0 United States
    215 Posts
    Sat, Aug 24 2019 6:29 AM

JDGHOST:

lonniescott711:

AlexBorgesjr:

Well lets clear this up I didn't write that the person who wrote that doesn't believe players are free agent, unless he sends his team in to raid their old teams and hurry up and sign them up, anyone else does 1 person and there not Agents trying to acquire the best available talent for there golf teams, he calls them poachers, I don't plan on calling him out by name but lets just say I don't believe Both American Golf Academy's with be around for a long time. and I owned the first one 6 years, so I see the inside track who works and who doesn't very hard at both CC's time will tell 

I dont want to do this here but you do . You were released for poaching from active clubs . After I tried to discuss this with you and telling you that you were not to do that . You told me that you were going to do what you wanted to do . I still have the post on my wall Alex that started it all . You tried to justify your actions by what another club and owner are doing . Even now you`re here in the main forum trying to find support for poaching other active clubs .

You`ve even started trying to poach the members from me now . By the way the club knows the truth now about why you are no longer in the club so your lies will no longer work on them . I dont like drama Alex Im to old for it and this is just a game . Children argue over games and toys adults dont .

I wish you well with your new club but try building it without poaching from other clubs .

I was reading this and going to remain silent as I have had my own issues with owners and directors coming into my club (via out roster I mean) attempting to "Poach" members with postings on their wall with promises of "golden roads to paradise and rainbow dreams" LOL....

That being said I recruit as hard as anyone BUT I do it via Recruiting post here....I do it thru searching tourneys and seeing players THAT ARE NOT CLUB AFFILIATED ....

I understand there is no "WGT LAW" set in stone on this but I think its obvious there is an unwritten agreement among "Respectable Owners and their clubs" That Poaching is a no-no...Now if one of our members comes to me and says he was playing with so and so and wants  to join TFC because their not happy in their club....sure sign um up!!... Or I get a response to my recruiting thread here.....sure  sign um up!!

SO I find Lonnie's decision admirable and correct...And kudos for having good ethics Sir..

My thoughts ..

JD 

I will second what JD said & believe does it right when recruiting members.  I see it from afar how he handles his CC and could poach like a mad man if he wanted to, but goes with the "unwritten" / "honor" system.  Not once has he tried to grab myself or others I'm associated with from different CC's.   He did promise me "rainbow dreams" one time but it made me uncomfortable & I had to scream out "STRANGER DANGER"  :)

Digg
    Delicious
  • JDGHOST United States
    1,619 Posts
    Sat, Aug 24 2019 11:41 AM

I will second what JD said & believe does it right when recruiting members.  I see it from afar how he handles his CC and could poach like a mad man if he wanted to, but goes with the "unwritten" / "honor" system.  Not once has he tried to grab myself or others I'm associated with from different CC's.   He did promise me "rainbow dreams" one time but it made me uncomfortable & I had to scream out "STRANGER DANGER"  :)

LMAO@Laslow !!   Whats up Sir... I still have that bowl of "Lucky Charms" with rainbow marshmallows?

Digg
    Delicious
  • HackWilson1930 United States
    1,219 Posts
    Sat, Aug 24 2019 12:35 PM

In this world of robocalls, unsolicited e-mails, Facebook pandering, and the blatant purchasing of Congress by the rich, why shouldn't club owners try to poach members from other clubs? 

Raids have been made in the past and will continue into the future. Owners and members are free to choose. Ethics are not an issue; only self interest should apply. Make someone a good enough offer and they will sign up.

My membership can be purchased. How many sleeves of balls did you have in mind?Naturally, after you pay  (and I demand payment before I change my membership) I am free to listen to new offers. So it is buyer ( or in this case, poacher ) beware.

ethics

Digg
    Delicious
  • AlaskanDame United States
    9,076 Posts
    Sat, Aug 24 2019 1:33 PM

HackWilson1930:

Ethics are not an issue; only self interest should apply.

Tongue in cheek.  Right?

Digg
    Delicious
  • jacktrade51 United States
    6,407 Posts
    Sat, Aug 24 2019 8:07 PM

As owner of Black Diamond GC, I will stick in my 2 cents worth which I have expressed before.

First, every WGT player is a free agent and if they leave my club for what they think is greener pastures, no hard feelings.  Generally, except for reasons below, they are wrong and 1/3 have come back.  There are some good reasons.  Some want Skype clubs; some leave for predominately TC/C/TL clubs (we cater to all tiers); some want clubs that have more mobile players.  I had one of our top players leave for a predominately Italian club;  he had to use Google translator because he spoke virtually no English.  Some want different kinds of club tournaments.

Second, no active club owner should be recruiting from other clubs.  I have had batch invites to send to my club members by specific owners (who I won't name since I don't want this deleted.)  The practice is despicable.  Fortunately 98% declined, so I guess BD is doing a decent job.

Third, while I will never approach a member of another club, if they ask to join, I will accept them.

Fourth, if a club has an inactive owner, or is generally inactive with 5-10 active players, I might ease up on #2.  But even then, if owner is active, I will approach the owner first.

But those who try raid active clubs, including their former clubs, are scum.  The only exception I make to this, and I've run across it a few times (not BD but players I know), is if an active player gets ejected from a club because of dispute with owner, I will concede his right to contact his buddies in former club.

Tom.

Digg
    Delicious
  • jacktrade51 United States
    6,407 Posts
    Sat, Aug 24 2019 8:24 PM

Also, we haven't even advertised in Country Club Corner or otherwise actively recruited/advertised for 6 months.  Right now, we hover around 235 members and picking up members through word of mouth … because we are fun and friendly, and relaxed.  

Tom.

Digg
    Delicious
  • Laslow0 United States
    215 Posts
    Sun, Aug 25 2019 9:32 AM

JDGHOST:

LMAO@Laslow !!   Whats up Sir... I still have that bowl of "Lucky Charms" with rainbow marshmallows?

hahaha...sup brutha man!  You had me at marshmallows

Digg
    Delicious
  • claremoreblue United States
    1,614 Posts
    Sun, Aug 25 2019 12:34 PM
    Silly me, I didn't realize this was a marriage, I assumed it was a game. Apparently there are many clubs out there with a lot of drama! Let's all remember how much fun this game is and playing one another! Who cares if someone leaves or is recruited, just have fun with what you have! Nothing happening here is going to affect how my day is going! Shoot low, enjoy and have fun!
    Digg
    Delicious
  • AlexBorgesjr United States
    621 Posts
    Sun, Aug 25 2019 4:06 PM

I don't believe in poaching exist in sports, now go on a man's land and shoot his deer, that's poaching. humans are free to choose if they're happy they will stay. if there not they will leave. ever notice those two buttons next to each other 1. invite, another says quit. Lonnie you don't have to send it, I'll say it again, you're not going to tell me how to recruit, the proof will be when your club thrives again or Dies as I predict.  couldn't happen to a nicer backstabber, There's a owners agreement lmao, what about the golfers, they have no say. JD, there's no owners union or a rule that says all owners have to agree with your opinion. The problem I see with this forum is it's made up of mainly owners, they should have one for golfers only and owners could enter but can't see the golfers name. Then you will see what they think. I never complained when I lost a golfer, just asked myself what could I have done better.  Dam cry babies   

Digg
    Delicious
  • lonniescott711 United States
    3,971 Posts
    Sun, Aug 25 2019 4:34 PM

AlexBorgesjr:
    I'll say it again, you're not going to tell me how to recruit

Thats why you`re no longer in the club .That statement is what got you kicked out of the club . The fact that you showed a total disrespect to me as your friend and also as club owner . But its ok because you`re right . I wont be telling you what to do I could care less . Whatever you do as a club owner is up to you . But you wont be doing it in my club .

There`s nothing wrong with the forum other than you dont like the answers to your post .Thats what happens here no matter the post everyone may not agree with your point of view . But as I said earlier in my response to you . This is just a game . Children argue and fight over games and toys , adults dont . So again I wish you well and the only cry baby here Alex is you .:-(

Digg
    Delicious
RSS