skip nav

Forums

Re: Once again the replay fails to capture the best view.

rated by 0 users
Thu, Aug 22 2019 7:35 PM by DoctorLarry. 2 replies.
  • goldeena Thailand
    1,751 Posts
    Thu, Aug 22 2019 7:27 AM

After yet another mesmerising in-swinging dipping swerving 'David Beckham free-kick in all it's glory of a putt' on Congressional number 8 I was left very disappointed with the result of the replay which utterly fails to capture the magic of the putt as viewed from behind the flag.

As a result I am now screen-recording anything I feel special and uploading to you-tube for further enjoyment - you are better recording it yourself from the angles you get from the in-game replay than trusting the result of the flawed replay utility afterwards.

e.g:

Everytime I watch this I just go WOHHHHHHHHHHRRRRRRRR!!!! So close for an Eagle 27 front 9 on St Andrews, still I managed a 28 though ;-)

I will just add this one whilst we are at it - see the saved version of the replay would never have included this angle, like Doctor Larry says - they would have recorded footage from a distant overhead air-ship!! I used Teckoma method on this one anyway - saved the time to upload the tube (which I now intend to do for all my preferred replays).

Thanks Don AND Doctor Larry :-)

VVVVV

Digg
    Delicious
  • TopShelf2010 United States
    8,639 Posts
    Thu, Aug 22 2019 10:43 AM

Thanks for sharing.

Pretty sweet 28 in the RG btw.

Nice job.

Keep up the good work.

Don

Digg
    Delicious
  • DoctorLarry United States
    2,372 Posts
    Thu, Aug 22 2019 7:35 PM

I agree - and nice shot.

What I don't understand is I usually cannot get the views later that were available immediately after the shot.

And what is with those views from 20,000 feet??  Was the Goodyear Blimp flying over the other end of the course at the time?

Digg
    Delicious
RSS