Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Le Clash 106, c'est bon !!

Fri, Aug 23 2019 1:51 PM (20 replies)
  • Alain760
    350 Posts
    Fri, Aug 23 2019 10:00 AM

Happy to know there is best of par 5, so far 8 match 6 merion and 2 congressional, difficult to score, when WGT will put the same courses for all and change every 8 hours or 12.

For our Match 9 at last bop5

• Jerm65
    1,413 Posts
    Fri, Aug 23 2019 10:17 AM

BHenke2:
    This is the worst it has ever been on course selection. My club has had F9 Merion on 5 of 8 matches

I feel your pain.  Merion F9 seems to be default for us.  The ennui is crippling...

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Fri, Aug 23 2019 10:36 AM

I don’t normally complain about courses and conditions , BUT , as a mediocre putter only , I am finding the greens at Merion , almost unplayable on some greens ! 

• BHenke2
    397 Posts
    Fri, Aug 23 2019 10:46 AM

BHenke2:
    My club has had F9 Merion on 5 of 8 matches and possibly even six but I was asleep during that one so I'm not sure.

Make that 6 out of 9 on Merion. I don't know what kind of random course generator that WGT uses but I think it is broke. LOL. 6 out of 9 is not even close to being random when there are four courses in play. 

• 1969DodgeDartGT
    64 Posts
    Fri, Aug 23 2019 11:42 AM

Hi, not that it makes a difference anymore but I got Congressional once and has been stuck on Merion for the rest. So no variety here at all, and Merion is not always the best course with 13 wind.

• 1969DodgeDartGT
    64 Posts
    Fri, Aug 23 2019 11:47 AM

...It is even more frustrating to try and communicate (good or bad) when being moderated for every message sent.

• RonaldReagan40
    46 Posts
    Fri, Aug 23 2019 1:51 PM

9th round and haven’t seen Pebble yet, unless it was the single one while I was sleeping. 

Congressional, Par 5, Congressional, Congressional, Merion, sleeping zzz, Congressional, Par 5, & Merion so far. I will sit it out if we get Congressional again.

AlaskanDame, you can have all our Congressional next time! 

• jacktrade51
    10,835 Posts
    Fri, Aug 23 2019 7:28 PM

I was out most of yesterday which is I am only commenting now.

BHenke2's post … he is a member of my club … is too conservative.  My final count for BD is 7 Merion's, 1 Congressional, 2 PB, and 1 BOP5 which came in the next to last match.  Merion was also 7 of the first 9 … pretty discouraging for all of us, but with 13 speed greens, it murders anyone not a TL or above, and I hated it too.

We've won the club clash lottery before, but it stunk this time.

I will do this in BD forum, but anyone who played multiple rounds given what we started with gets serious congratulations for being a real WGT golfer.

Tom.

• AlaskanDame
    18,878 Posts
    Fri, Aug 23 2019 8:37 PM

I had been wondering about your club’s placement on the leaderboard, Tom.  All of those Merions totally explain it.  Not only were they tough to score in, having Merion be 7 out of first 9 probably cut down your participation rate.  Sure would have cut mine!

Sincere condolences, and I hope you get a better mix next time (but I want to keep the mix we got, lol)

AKD

• AlaskanDame
    18,878 Posts
    Fri, Aug 23 2019 8:40 PM

AlaskanDame:
    Looks like the "fight" is for 3rd place this time, between Legend of the She Wolf and English Golf Club. If they are even on number of rounds . . . . only a 200 point difference.

I’m seeing a 30 point difference atm.

RSS