Forums

Help › Forums

Re: TaylorMade M5 L55+ vs TaylorMade R11

rated by 0 users
Fri, Oct 18 2019 3:08 PM (5 replies)
  • mrmk3
    3 Posts
    Tue, Aug 20 2019 2:33 AM

Hey all - Have had an account for a while but just getting back into the game after having not played for a long time. Looking to upgrade my Driver before anything else, though it appears when I first played the game I bought one of those Ping L16 club sets.

I was reading on the forums that the TM R11 was the driver to target around L48 because it could last you forever. Seems it's gone now, so would we say that the TM M5 L55+ is the new longevity driver? It looks comparable to the end-game ones.

I'm L44 currently, should I wait until L55 to get that (especially for the Meter Speed)?

It also looks like the Callaway Apex 19 L52+ Iron set is the one to grab and then after that pick my wedges out? Currently still have the Hybrid gaming.

Thanks!

• aznetwrkgal
    51 Posts
    Tue, Aug 20 2019 9:02 AM

I got the TM M5 at level 55 and don't think I could be happier.  Length, meter speed all work very well for my game.   I have a couple of friends that purchased it after seeing my drives and they are pleased as well.

I can't speak about the Apex irons.   I waited until I got to lvl 59 and got the Ping i500's because I wanted high trajectory.  So far I'm pleased with them.  I've just had them for 4 days so still going through my learning curve, but they haven't hurt my game any and think they will suit me for a longer time then going with a medium trajectory club.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Aug 20 2019 11:19 AM

aznetwrkgal:
     I waited until I got to lvl 59 and got the Ping i500's because I wanted high trajectory.

Great move, you won't be sorry. The OP should take heed and do the same. He's got a ways to go but you're knocking on the Legend door and that's when you'll really appreciate them. :-)

• BOZskills
    392 Posts
    Tue, Aug 20 2019 4:18 PM

+1

• Sunnywind
    2 Posts
    Fri, Oct 18 2019 8:25 AM

As for me, I woldn't buy Taylormade, I prefer Cobra, they say Taylormade became worse last time, don't know actually is it true or not. 

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Fri, Oct 18 2019 3:08 PM

Sunnywind:

As for me, I woldn't buy Taylormade, I prefer Cobra, they say Taylormade became worse last time, don't know actually is it true or not. 

Who is "they", and is this opinion based on you having no stats and all starter equipment in your long 4-day stay here at WGT?

Bot?

RSS