Forums

Help › Forums

Re: 2019 Andyson Memorial Second Stage

Wed, Jul 28 2021 1:00 PM (378 replies)
  • amateur4sure
    2,188 Posts
    Mon, Nov 11 2019 6:53 AM

It was an absolute pleasure Doc (think we both got Schooled by that Tony fella lol), Thank you my friend, Cannot wait until our next fun outing.

Hats off the Bill and his Helpers for making this Tournament a bundle of fun in Dennis`s Name.

Well done Jason on raising the Trophy..

Come on Tony (You got this bro :-) in the Final with Yian..

Golf clap to Everyone involved..!

• txzdave
    1,316 Posts
    Mon, Nov 11 2019 8:41 PM

The best stuff on here....Of all times.

Right on, Dennis!

~Dave~

• claremoreblue
    2,322 Posts
    Tue, Nov 12 2019 10:30 AM

Doc, Chris, it was all my honor to play a round with you gents. It was by far the most enjoyable round I've had in awhile. That being said, gratz to Young, he is the man this year in the MP portion and played very well as always!

I sure have enjoyed myself as well and didn't really expect to make the finals in the stroke play portion. It has been such a great experience again for me, Dennis is sorely missed and he always made me spill my coffee lol. No one on here has or will ever replace such an awesome man! 

So lol, as the reigning 2018 MP Champion, I am fortunate for the second year in a row to be in a final. Unfortunately for me, on Chambers I just cannot get it done! It has been fun and I fully expect the awesome Yiannis to beat this one for sure. He is a magnificent player for sure! Me on the other hand, is just an old grumpy guy who is not too shabby but behind the scenes fella amongst some really great players. I don't do many RG's or win the Opens lol. I just enjoy being here and having fun in my own way! 

So, here it is folks! It's all I had today and I'm ok with that. It's close to posting time so I'm back to my coffee wishing I had another Enquirer to read! God bless Dennis, Bill and the rest of the hard working folks who put this on. I can't even imagine the work involved. Thank you so much!

11.12.19 Chambers Bay Full 18 Champion 57
  • Yiannis1970
    3,261 Posts
    Wed, Nov 13 2019 7:13 AM

A final round 56 for me.

First of all, i 'd like to thank claremoreblue for the nice words and congratulate him for reaching the final for the second consecutive time!! Wish you all the best for next year pal. :)

I 'd like to thank too all the guys who were involved in this tournament, especially those ones who set it up so nicely. Personally, i have never met Dennis or got the chance to talk to him via forum but, from what i read, must have been an exceptional guy. I am saying that because i am amazed by the way all players have approached this tournament. There was a sense of commitment and devotion throughout the whole tournament, not to mention respect towards him. I believe, if he was amongst us, he would be very happy and pleased.

See ya all next year guys (god help us) and thank you very much!!

• claremoreblue
    2,322 Posts
    Wed, Nov 13 2019 8:08 AM
    Well done Yiannis, you sir are one awesome player and stand up player for sure! A big congratulations on the win and I am in awe of your play! It was an honor to be a part of it with you and too see the very low scoring you put up, I can't hang with you lol! A big congratulations to the Andyson 2019 Champion from me, you certainly deserve it my friend! Well done sir!
  • amateur4sure
    2,188 Posts
    Wed, Nov 13 2019 8:50 AM

Simply Brilliant Lads, Cracking stuff Yiannis mate

Fantastic achievement Tony for reaching 2 consecutive finals, Wow..

Massive Thank you to all involved, Bring on 2020 for more fun with Dennis..

.........and Yes I do blame Dennis for all my missed putts :-)  

• Yiannis1970
    3,261 Posts
    Wed, Nov 13 2019 9:28 AM
    Thank you so much Tony and Chris!! Cheers folks!! :)
  • opyeuclid
    6,704 Posts
    Thu, Nov 14 2019 4:22 PM

opyeuclid:
    game on , lets try for a time Saturday .

Sorry I missed the game ,  My computer crashed last Friday !  A friend gave me a old basic lap top today  . Its good enough to email and stuff but does not have the starter balls to play the game .  Cant play so I guess I will just have to Troll the forums for fun and poke some fun and  " sturr "   said pot .

OPY 

EDIT :  Working on a  "Twas a night before Christmas "

• opyeuclid
    6,704 Posts
    Thu, Nov 14 2019 4:28 PM

opyeuclid:

opyeuclid:
    I , opyeuclid here and now call out the winner of the Andyson tourney of 2019   to play me in a random set up of my choice to a game .

OPY 

I am still calling you out .

• conveyorguy
    767 Posts
    Thu, Nov 14 2019 5:05 PM
    opyeuclid:

opyeuclid:
    game on , lets try for a time Saturday .

Sorry I missed the game ,  My computer crashed last Friday !  A friend gave me a old basic lap top today  . Its good enough to email and stuff but does not have the starter balls to play the game .  Cant play so I guess I will just have to Troll the forums for fun and poke some fun and  " sturr "   said pot .

OPY 

EDIT :  Working on a  "Twas a night before Christmas "

"Sturr" hell lol...use a blender :)
RSS