Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Titleist Scotty Cameron Phantom Putter Bug

rated by 0 users
Tue, Aug 25 2020 4:45 AM (24 replies)
  • Skippyjammer
    18 Posts
    Thu, Sep 5 2019 11:32 AM

Cheers fatdan. Happy golfing. I like how this putter performs outside of the 30' glitch.

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Thu, Sep 5 2019 12:39 PM

I can't try out the Level 70 putter, but I can confirm the Level 98 putter does not do this.

GL with finding a solution.  Just don't leave any long putts!!  ;-)

• BenScratch1
    6 Posts
    Tue, Sep 17 2019 4:20 AM

Skippyjammer:

Cheers fatdan. Happy golfing. I like how this putter performs outside of the 30' glitch.

Has anyone else had this glitch happen to them? I've been considering getting the Level 70 Scotty, but want to know if this is happening to everyone who gets it.

Is the level 70 scotty an exact replacement of the lvl 70 versa I keep reading about in the forums?

• Lesthanpar
    1,449 Posts
    Sun, Sep 22 2019 1:33 AM

it is quite common to have programming glitches in new equipment.They do usually eventually fix it but I know it is disappointing to buy a virtual club that is supposed to be better with better specs that has this kind of performance. Go back to your old favorite putter until they fix it is my advice.

• Skippyjammer
    18 Posts
    Sun, Sep 22 2019 10:00 AM

Thanks Lesthanpar. That's exactly what I did. I dumped the SC putter and wend with the white fang putter. The SC outperforms the white fang putter but it consistently glitches at the 30' range putts so it's just not worth it. It's just a reminder that the intention of WGT is to make money. There's been no offers to fix the glitch or refund my money spent on buying it. But life goes on. So be it. 

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Sun, Sep 22 2019 11:26 AM

• Skippyjammer
    18 Posts
    Sun, Sep 22 2019 12:51 PM

Hi Don. Do you know how I can contact Customer Service? I don't see a link anywhere for that. 

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Sun, Sep 22 2019 1:12 PM

• Skippyjammer
    18 Posts
    Sun, Sep 22 2019 1:17 PM

Thanks Don! I just sent an email asking for either a credit or for the bug to be fixed. 

• Lesthanpar
    1,449 Posts
    Mon, Sep 23 2019 12:12 AM

Skippyjammer:

Thanks Lesthanpar. That's exactly what I did. I dumped the SC putter and wend with the white fang putter. The SC outperforms the white fang putter but it consistently glitches at the 30' range putts so it's just not worth it. It's just a reminder that the intention of WGT is to make money. There's been no offers to fix the glitch or refund my money spent on buying it. But life goes on. So be it. 

You are welcome. I have had a very similar thing with a putter I bought and the errors were fixed. As far as sales and making more money these kind of glitches detract from sales in the long run in my opinion.It makes people think twice before buying again wondering if they will have the same kinds of problems again and hesitate to buy even if it's something they really want.If you can get a credit for it and that's what you really want get it but I am sure they will work the bugs out of it and it will be good after that.

RSS