Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Best of Putting CTTH Comps

Tue, Aug 27 2019 7:55 AM (20 replies)
  • fobby1980
    310 Posts
    Mon, Aug 19 2019 4:50 PM

I’m one of “those” players and I can state with complete certainty that the spin is still there. FS with my 64d Cleveland WILL spin the ball back on greens. 

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Tue, Aug 20 2019 5:05 AM

Personnally I don't see what the problem is, someone who uses a wedge on the green, had to master that shot, just like you have to master a putt.  Just because they don't do things the way you do, doesn't make it wrong.  I laugh when I read some of these posts,  like the rules for the 400 yard drive club, why does it matter if you hit 400 plus yards, from a red tee, or black,  it's still 400 plus yards.  I would think that it is harder from red tees, less fairway to hit.  Better yet, it doesn't count if you use a strong tailwind to help, or you cheated cuz you hit a cart path,  it doesn't count.  How about a hole in one, from whatever tee, it's still one heck of a shot, or because you hit one in a coin game, that dont count, it was still scored in a competition.  Sounds like some need to put on their big boy pants, and accept the fact that others have achieved things that you have, or havent.  

• dhjam1
    577 Posts
    Tue, Aug 20 2019 5:31 AM

Luckystar5:

Personnally I don't see what the problem is, someone who uses a wedge on the green, had to master that shot, just like you have to master a putt.  Just because they don't do things the way you do, doesn't make it wrong.  I laugh when I read some of these posts,  like the rules for the 400 yard drive club, why does it matter if you hit 400 plus yards, from a red tee, or black,  it's still 400 plus yards.  I would think that it is harder from red tees, less fairway to hit.  Better yet, it doesn't count if you use a strong tailwind to help, or you cheated cuz you hit a cart path,  it doesn't count.  How about a hole in one, from whatever tee, it's still one heck of a shot, or because you hit one in a coin game, that dont count, it was still scored in a competition.  Sounds like some need to put on their big boy pants, and accept the fact that others have achieved things that you have, or havent.  

Well said

• santa084
    114 Posts
    Wed, Aug 21 2019 12:24 PM

I don't have a problem with players using pitch or chip on the green, I hope one day i can master it. but if you're in a putting tournament that would not be considered putting.

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Wed, Aug 21 2019 2:12 PM

santa084:

I don't have a problem with players using pitch or chip on the green, I hope one day i can master it. but if you're in a putting tournament that would not be considered putting.

until wgt, changes things, there is nothing that can be said or done, about it.  By reaching a green in regulation, and using a wedge to hole it for a birdie, your scorecard reads 1 putt for that hole.  The number of approach shots holed out, does not increase, nor in your profile activity, does it read that you holed a shot, all that says that wgt considers that shot a putt. We have to face the fact that it's just part of the game we have to live with.  

Clearly there are many other rules, that we live with, that is just part of the game.   ie how come if you hit a drive that's clearly ob, but it hits a tree and bounces back in the fairway, you play it where it lies.  If that same type shot comes to rest ob, then you hit it from where it crossed the ob line, does that make sense?   Just part of the game, that we live with. 

• santa084
    114 Posts
    Wed, Aug 21 2019 2:28 PM

I stand corrected. The rules are if you are on the green however how you hit the shot is considered a putt on your stats. If you putt while off the green doesn't count as a putt. If you're on the green and putt, then the ball just roll off the green, and you putt back on the green then putt again to make it in only counts as two putts. I thought a putt was when the ball just rolls with no air was a putt. Like when you bump and run is a chip but no matter what club, how your ball react is a putt when on the green. Fringe doesn't count

• fobby1980
    310 Posts
    Thu, Aug 22 2019 4:02 PM

Luckystar5:

Reason being, you might have some apparel on that unnaturally aided your shots. Example: my longest drive was during a clash round, PB B9. #10 I got a very favorable tailwind, coupled with several lucky bounces, and it went for 387 yards. My driver at that time was the 83 Callaway BB Alpha, ball was Allianz. If it wasn’t for my level 9 SE cap and the 30-32 1 o’clock wind I had no business sniffing that kind of distance. 

• middbrew
    318 Posts
    Thu, Aug 22 2019 8:20 PM

santa084:

It's not a putting tournament, it's a CTTH tournament that's conducted on the green. 

• middbrew
    318 Posts
    Thu, Aug 22 2019 8:36 PM

And of course all the rhetoric regarding fairness about using what club is used on the green and whether it's fair or not within the context of the OP's question is rather a moot point. They are asking within the mobile game, so all mobile players have the same ability to use the same shot. If it's there, if it's legal, it's there as is in the real life game, it's a usable tool.

So, back to the OP's question, yes a CTTH green based tournament is possible and easily done by WGT. 

• el3n1
    4,491 Posts
    Mon, Aug 26 2019 2:33 PM

Nicole161106:
    at least they stopped the spin option which made it even easier for them.

You sure?   Appears to still be available from what I can tell.  I am not pointing this out to cause a stir but just clarify a possible misunderstanding. 

RSS