Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Best of Putting CTTH Comps

Tue, Aug 27 2019 7:55 AM (20 replies)
  • MarchieB
    1,524 Posts
    Sat, Aug 17 2019 1:22 PM
    I noticed that WGT has started CTTH Putting tournaments. Will these be available to play on the Mobile app at some point?
  • TopShelf2010
    10,879 Posts
    Sat, Aug 17 2019 2:51 PM

• MarchieB
    1,524 Posts
    Sat, Aug 17 2019 3:37 PM
    I realize that this type of comp has existed in some form or another in the past in the WGT game from reading old posts when I searched this subject earlier but I’ve only been playing the game for just under a year now so that was before my time. I haven’t played this format as the Aug comp is just the 2nd one since it’s reintroduction last month. I am not sure if this new iteration restricts the use of wedges or not as I do not play the PC game and it is not currently on the mobile app.
  • middbrew
    318 Posts
    Sun, Aug 18 2019 5:21 AM

I'd say it's very possible that those tournaments will start appearing in the mobile game. They are used in the CTTH playoff in the coin games now, why not in a full tournament.

• Nicole161106
    281 Posts
    Sun, Aug 18 2019 6:13 AM

TopShelf2010:

MarchieB:
    I noticed that WGT has started CTTH Putting tournaments. Will these be available to play on the Mobile app at some point?

I would hate to reopen an old wound, but considering there are players out there that have mastered the pitch/chip ( wedge ) shot on the greens, I personally would not recommend this type of tournament to anyone...

Unless you are one of "those" players mentioned above

LOL

Don

Agree Don, i wouldn't play them either, but there is nothing in the rules of golf to prohibit it, so wgt are stuck with it, at least they stopped the spin option which made it even easier for them.

This isn't having a go at those who use it btw, they are breaking no rules and it takes a skill they have to learn by trial and error, it just makes a bit of a mockery of calling it a "putting" competition when there are players who may not not take the putter out their bag to win one of them.

• TopShelf2010
    10,879 Posts
    Sun, Aug 18 2019 6:16 AM

• whooshdangit
    1,246 Posts
    Sun, Aug 18 2019 1:55 PM

Hi Don / Nicole

Nicole161106:

TopShelf2010:

MarchieB:

I would hate to reopen an old wound, but considering there are players out there that have mastered the pitch/chip ( wedge ) shot on the greens, I personally would not recommend this type of tournament to anyone...

Unless you are one of "those" players mentioned above

LOL

Don

Agree Don, i wouldn't play them either, but there is nothing in the rules of golf to prohibit it, so wgt are stuck with it, at least they stopped the spin option which made it even easier for them.

This isn't having a go at those who use it btw, they are breaking no rules and it takes a skill they have to learn by trial and error, it just makes a bit of a mockery of calling it a "putting" competition when there are players who may not not take the putter out their bag to win one of them.

I have to say that in some regards I agree with you both. That may sound odd coming from some someone who favours the

"lofted putter"  but, as already said, it is allowed.

As I see it though, it's a random draw event with three entrants each able to win 500cr. Your score bears no relevance to your ability to win a prize. (As I found out a while back when I topped the pile at Bethpage, which p*ssed me off : ) )

Happy hittin'

Rich

*btw in all my time wedging 'em I've never won a sausage!

• santa084
    114 Posts
    Sun, Aug 18 2019 4:34 PM

But if you are the one making the tournament. You can make your own rules. If there's a putting tournament, just say putters only. What's the problem? 

• TopShelf2010
    10,879 Posts
    Mon, Aug 19 2019 4:52 AM

• santa084
    114 Posts
    Mon, Aug 19 2019 2:28 PM

No I just meant with the player that master both pitch and chip, they wouldn't be able to to play those shots if it's just putters only

RSS