skip nav

Forums

Re: End of life for flash support by Adobe

Sun, Aug 18 2019 2:32 PM by fatdan. 24 replies.
  • HackWilson1930 United States
    1,207 Posts
    Wed, Aug 14 2019 12:01 PM

Today is the first day of the rest of my life. The day WGT closes its doors will be the first day of the rest of my life. Like every day, it will be different than the day before. As long as I can get out of bed and everything functions, it will be a good day.  Don't sweat the small stuff. Enjoy today for what it is: the first day of the rest of your life.

Digg
    Delicious
  • fatdan United States
    3,311 Posts
    Wed, Aug 14 2019 1:01 PM

For existing Flash content, the eventual, final version of the Flash plug-in will still work after 2020, and Adobe will work with browser makers to ensure security vulnerabilities are patched. ...

Digg
    Delicious
  • TopShelf2010 United States
    8,537 Posts
    Wed, Aug 14 2019 1:44 PM

fatdan:

For existing Flash content, the eventual, final version of the Flash plug-in will still work after 2020, and Adobe will work with browser makers to ensure security vulnerabilities are patched. ...

You beat me to it.

I had just read an article that contained that comment. I was going to post it.

Nicely done

Don

Digg
    Delicious
  • YankeeJim United States
    24,537 Posts
    Wed, Aug 14 2019 4:34 PM

TopShelf2010:

micheldess:

So Scott at the end of 2020, all the pc players will have to switch to mobile ? No solution ?

If that the case, bye bye wgt for me, i try the mobile version, i don't enjoy the game

No need to press the panic button just yet. There has been absolutely nothing set in stone as to what will become of the PC version.

Enjoy the game as usual an wait patiently for an Official Announcement from WGT.

Don

I am a casualty of WGT's baseball game, just like Jay pointed out in another thread. I was with it right to the last week of play when it just went poof! I could see that happening here if this Flash bit gets unmanageable in which case, the mobile option becomes the only option.

Enter BlueStacks. If this, or similar emulators, can handle this game then my only worry is having a computer efficient and strong enough to maintain what I already have. Am I thinking right?

p.s., If I am thinking right and it turns out I can play mobile style on my laptop with a mouse, look out. LOL. Whole new game then.  ;-)

Digg
    Delicious
  • NannySkeksis United States
    3 Posts
    Fri, Aug 16 2019 10:02 PM

WebGL would be my guess, since every major browser will have WebGL 2.0 by early 2020.  I played a 3D racing game in WebGL and it was pretty smooth.

Or maybe a game to download, and if that's the case, make sure you're on Windows 10 (or 8.1), by January 14, 2020, because that's the official end of Windows 7.

Digg
    Delicious
  • AlexBorgesjr United States
    607 Posts
    Sat, Aug 17 2019 1:12 AM

what about other extentions , adobe cant be the only one , doesnt fire fov and E have one, or am I missing something. I am not a geek no clue.

Digg
    Delicious
  • SeabrookFlash United States
    434 Posts
    Sat, Aug 17 2019 6:07 AM

I would like to think that WGT has this handled but is choosing not to make things public.  Any time WGT announces anything, about 50% of the players will complain  and remark that you should have done such and such.  If WGT did that the other 50% of the players would complain and say that WGT should have done so and so.  With that. I'll just keep playing and not worry about something that is out of my control. If this game goes into the toilet in 2020 I guess I'll trade my golfing shoes for bowling shoes ...lol

Digg
    Delicious
  • HackWilson1930 United States
    1,207 Posts
    Sat, Aug 17 2019 11:29 AM

Frost covered the end of WGT!

Fire and Ice

Some say the world will end in fire,
    Some say in ice.
    From what I’ve tasted of desire
    I hold with those who favor fire.
    But if it had to perish twice,
    I think I know enough of hate
    To say that for destruction ice
    Is also great
    And would suffice.

Digg
    Delicious
  • ffries61 United States
    433 Posts
    Sat, Aug 17 2019 12:03 PM

NannySkeksis:

WebGL would be my guess, since every major browser will have WebGL 2.0 by early 2020.  I played a 3D racing game in WebGL and it was pretty smooth.

Or maybe a game to download, and if that's the case, make sure you're on Windows 10 (or 8.1), by January 14, 2020, because that's the official end of Windows 7.

I'll drop my Win 7 pro when they put a gun to my head, I got forced into Win 10 on my new work computer, and a bigger disaster I've never seen, except maybe 8.1, from what I heard, Inever used it.

Fred

Digg
    Delicious
  • DoctorLarry United States
    2,211 Posts
    Sat, Aug 17 2019 1:17 PM

ffries61:

I'll drop my Win 7 pro when they put a gun to my head, I got forced into Win 10 on my new work computer, and a bigger disaster I've never seen, except maybe 8.1, from what I heard, Inever used it.

Fred

I'm with you, Fred.  

I think you are right that WIN 8 may be the only worse OS.  That is why M/S totally skipped a WIN 9. 

I had to buy a new computer a couple of years ago and because I was still working on projects that required Windoze, I had to get WIN 10 because M/S would not allow manufacturers to sell them with WIN 7.  I could not get anything different.

I imagine WIN 7 will keep working - just that M/S will not support it.  I think I will move to Linux now that I don't have to keep Windoze.

Digg
    Delicious
RSS