Help › Forums

Re: Putter?n

Sat, Aug 10 2019 3:43 AM (19 replies)
  • PAGES
  • SlickHunter
    1,034 Posts
    Fri, Aug 9 2019 10:10 AM

lonniescott711:

@ SlickHunter The 98+ Phantom has the same specs as the sabertooth . Not sure as to how it performs but the sabertooth is a great miss ding putter . The thing with miss ding putting is that you have to at times change the line of the putt . Ive noticed that with many putts the default line will be inside of the cup . So you will have to move the line outside of the cup and then adjust for the break and miss accordingly .

The main thing to putting is reading the putt and break properly . Then applying the right amount of power to the ball strike . If you are reading everything right then you can putt with any putter in the pro shop . It takes longer than a day or two to adjust to a new putter . Get one and stick with it . You have to give both it and yourself a chance to become a better putter . Its not sa magic wand and there are no short cuts .

If you`re content with your putting then what are you searching for ?

I can honestly say that my putting is the strength in my game, and very confident. I’m sure the one I have is more than good enough, maybe I just don’t like the look of it. I’ll rent couple of putters, and call it a day.

• AlaskanDame
    18,956 Posts
    Fri, Aug 9 2019 10:33 AM

SlickHunter:
    , maybe I just don’t like the look of it.
    That's funny!  That's the only reason I switched out of the Rossa they have mentioned here.  Got tired of the red color.  Switched to the black one I have now, with very similar attributes.  :)

• lonniescott711
    4,182 Posts
    Fri, Aug 9 2019 10:44 AM

SlickHunter:
    maybe I just don’t like the look of it..
    Yeah I can understand that .These last few updates of clubs provides for very little eye candy . Nothing to inspire me to spend any of the credits that I have for clubs I dont need . The new look is dull and drab .

Even the new L98+ Phantom doesnt give me a reason to want it since I already have the sabertooth . Will just have to wait for a couple of months and see what happens after that .

• AlaskanDame
    18,956 Posts
    Fri, Aug 9 2019 10:49 AM

. . . and that part above about practicing to get used to a new putter would seem especially relevant to the OP.  OP, you are used to a high-forgiveness putter.  That means wgt has been taking away part/much(?) of the effect on aim that you were/are trying to achieve by being off-ding on  your putts.  When/if you switch to a low forgiveness putter, going off-ding won't be ameliorated as much by wgt.  I.e., you'll get more of the effect of being off-ding.

• SlickHunter
    1,034 Posts
    Fri, Aug 9 2019 12:11 PM

Well, since we all agreed that new putters aren’t going to win the beauty pageant, I promise whatever I choose, I’ll make it work-:)..club rentals are good for two days, that’s more than enough to decide to settle on one..not exactly sure what to expect with this new adventure, but I’ll have fun doing it-:)

• SlickHunter
    1,034 Posts
    Fri, Aug 9 2019 3:31 PM

Well, I rented the L59 Sabertooth. Now I see where the problem lies, it’s actually me, I suck!..lol..I’ll buy it though, much prettier to look at than the Spider. 

• lonniescott711
    4,182 Posts
    Fri, Aug 9 2019 5:05 PM

SlickHunter:

Well, I rented the L59 Sabertooth. Now I see where the problem lies, it’s actually me, I suck!..lol..I’ll buy it though, much prettier to look at than the Spider. 

Have you tried the L86+ SeeMore M5HT putter? The specs seem better than the L59+ Sabertooth . It also doesnt look bad for a putter , it has a sllek clean look about it . Something to consider if you are still trying putters .

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Fri, Aug 9 2019 5:13 PM

lonniescott711:
     @ SlickHunter The 98+ Phantom has the same specs as the sabertooth . Not sure as to how it performs but the sabertooth is a great miss ding putter .

Yes it has the same specs exactly and Slick has played both of them now!  I got the phantom and it putts just fine - much nicer than the L94 Spider I had - which worked pretty well.  I am definitely a "ding" putter (or at least try to be!), so forgiveness is my friend.

I could not care less about the looks - I don't actually have to look at it or handle it so I am only interested in performance and I like it!

• AlaskanDame
    18,956 Posts
    Fri, Aug 9 2019 7:29 PM

lonniescott711:

SlickHunter:

Have you tried the L86+ SeeMore M5HT putter? The specs seem better than the L59+ Sabertooth . It also doesnt look bad for a putter , it has a sllek clean look about it . Something to consider if you are still trying putters .

The level 55 SeeMore is the one I was talking about --- with LOWER forgiveness for off-ding putters.----- plus nice looks.  

• SlickHunter
    1,034 Posts
    Sat, Aug 10 2019 3:43 AM

After a day with L59 Sabertooth, i like it, and buying it. I’ll rent the L55 See More as well, might be something behind these low level putters.

• PAGES
RSS