skip nav

Forums

Re: Callaway L34 no longer available

Sat, Aug 10 2019 9:27 AM by jayw4862. 8 replies.
  • cbuttlar United States
    17 Posts
    Sat, Aug 3 2019 10:09 AM

This is bad. I am forced to play with the new Callaway balls with the stripes. There is no reference graphics on the ball like the old ones. I am sure we all use this for referencing backspin on the ball. Can WGT at least give us a straight forward look at the ball so we can move the dot?

Digg
    Delicious
  • quadrock123 United States
    845 Posts
    Sat, Aug 3 2019 1:53 PM

i SAW THIS AS WELL, BUT IT SEEMS THAT THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO DIFFERENCE IN THE ASPECTS OF THE BALLS, JUST STRIPES SRE ADDED.  lIKE WE NEEDED THE STRIPES    LMFAO!!!!  wHY DON'T THEY GIVE US SOMETHING USEFULL???

Digg
    Delicious
  • Cuffnlock United States
    10 Posts
    Sat, Aug 3 2019 6:23 PM

Don't like them.   WGT....leave some things alone pls.

Digg
    Delicious
  • dhjam1 United States
    67 Posts
    Sat, Aug 3 2019 9:17 PM

From Callaway's website

Digg
    Delicious
  • jayw4862 United States
    3,201 Posts
    Sat, Aug 3 2019 10:00 PM

cbuttlar:
    There is no reference graphics on the ball like the old ones.

I'm with you on that one. The little "v" was my guide. The ball is the same (specs), just ugly. Looks like a range ball to me. 

Used that ball for about 6 years, too. 

I dropped to the 35 (300 cr) same specs, just a little quicker on the meter. Can't bring myself to buy the 34, anymore. Once the 35's have emptied, I'll just have to go to the 61 ball (not even sure there is one, but the Nike 61 was as the closest to the 34. I just don't care for the little extra spin. 

The VT balls are almost identical to the 34's in how they play, but the only one I found in the Pro Shop was the BPB ball. 

Digg
    Delicious
  • borntobesting United States
    8,223 Posts
    Sun, Aug 4 2019 1:57 AM

Find a spot on your screen that closely matches where the chevron was. For me it’s the top edge of the hits meter. 

Digg
    Delicious
  • cbuttlar United States
    17 Posts
    Sun, Aug 4 2019 6:26 AM

Both good tips. Thanks. I guess we will adapt. It does look like a range ball. I would think Callaway would want it's logo showing.

Digg
    Delicious
  • lonniescott711 United States
    3,971 Posts
    Sat, Aug 10 2019 8:27 AM

Well contrary to the thread title there is a L34+ Cally in the pro shop . Although the new version is just a graphics change ( picture ) , there`s nothing to worry about . Just have to make some adjustments for the new look  but still the same ball .

Digg
    Delicious
  • jayw4862 United States
    3,201 Posts
    Sat, Aug 10 2019 9:27 AM

lonniescott711:

Well contrary to the thread title there is a L34+ Cally in the pro shop . Although the new version is just a graphics change ( picture ) , there`s nothing to worry about . Just have to make some adjustments for the new look  but still the same ball .

Wgt needs to spin the ball around so the Callaway name shows (similar to old Cally and all other balls sold in Pro Shop). If it's Callaway's idea to show the ball at an odd (and ugly) sideways, angled view, then maybe ask them if they can change it on the game. 

I was playing with 3 others a few nights ago, who use non-Cally balls and they all immediately noticed the stupid angle, lines, and weirdness of how the ball is shown.

It plays the same, just looks like a worn out range ball. 

Digg
    Delicious
RSS