Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Chrome and Flash Player

rated by 0 users
Wed, Jan 15 2020 11:24 AM (4 replies)
  • PaulMercier
    97 Posts
    Fri, Aug 2 2019 10:37 PM

I received a pop up notice tonight that reads: "Flash Player will no longer be supported after December 2020". Any IT guys here that can explain what that will mean to my ability to play WGT on my PC? TIA

Paul

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Sat, Aug 3 2019 3:17 PM

• B747FE
    3 Posts
    Tue, Jan 14 2020 6:42 PM

Do we need to switch browsers....or is there a download we can unstall to keep using chrome ?

• SamSpayed
    4,895 Posts
    Wed, Jan 15 2020 10:50 AM

It's going to come down to 2 things:  (1) Will your browser actually run Flash after December 2020, and (2) Will WGT continue to host the Flash-based version of the game on their servers?

The major browsers (eg. Chrome, Firefox, Edge) have already stated they will not support Flash after that date.  So you'll be stuck either using an older / unsupported version of that browser (which carries security risks) or switching to a different browser that does.

But if WGT decommissions the Flash-based version of the game, all bets are off.  In that case, you'll either have to switch to the mobile version or the new PC version (currently called WGT Early Access) to continue playing.  WGT has not said yet whether they will do this or not. 

• ScottHope
    10,091 Posts
    Wed, Jan 15 2020 11:24 AM

One other fly in the ointment for those who are going to try the 'old browser that still runs flash method', is that Microsoft are planning to remove flash entirely from all supported versions of Windows by the end of 2020.

Link to article.

RSS