Help › Forums

Re: BUYING A NEW SLEEVE

rated by 0 users
Sat, Sep 7 2019 6:04 PM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • WalsallJack
    45 Posts
    Fri, Aug 2 2019 2:58 PM

When I get down to my last ball, I used to receive a message asking if I wished to purchase a new sleeve. At the same time, if I went to edit my equipment and chose ball, to discover that I only had one particular ball left in my bag, then below it is a note saying "buy new sleeve". However when I click it nothing happens anymore...so I can't purchase my current ball...is this a ploy to get me to pay even more money for a ball I don't want...and will WGT please reinstate the functionality to be able to continue playing with the same balls...immediately...just about ready to give this up as I feel enough is enough..great for those who can afford it...but as you get older money gets tighter and this is one of my few pleasures in life that you are pricing me out of !

• ScottHope
    10,085 Posts
    Fri, Aug 2 2019 3:18 PM

The Callaway Hex Chrome+ Ball (L35) is no longer available in the pro shop.  : (

The Callaway ERC Soft Ball (L35) is exactly the same specs, including price.  : )

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Fri, Aug 2 2019 7:04 PM

ScottHope:

The Callaway Hex Chrome+ Ball (L35) is no longer available in the pro shop.  : (

The Callaway ERC Soft Ball (L35) is exactly the same specs, including price.  : )

Sooooo.....

If one buys the new replacement ball and adds it to the bag, will it be playable after the last replaced ball runs out?  Or is the older ball now salvage?

• ScottHope
    10,085 Posts
    Sat, Aug 3 2019 12:18 AM

I haven't done any testing Larry, but I would say no, the game won't divert to the new Cally when the old one runs out. The new ball probably has a different ID number in the database and I would guess that's what the program looks at when you run out of your old Callys.  ; )

⇩ EDIT : You're welcome Jack, thank you. ; ) ⇩

• WalsallJack
    45 Posts
    Sat, Aug 3 2019 12:24 AM

Thanks all for your comments..looks like the ERC Soft Ball (L35+) will be the one...and it does not automatically replenish your bag...when your old balls run out you are given a lovely new shiny WGT basic ball. Thanks again chaps for your comments. Much appreciated.

• callaghan159
    6,220 Posts
    Sat, Aug 3 2019 2:43 AM

ScottHope:

Personally if I couldn't purchase the ball that I am using I would investigate as to why before coming on here and complaining and making demands to wgt. My opinion.

• WalsallJack
    45 Posts
    Sat, Aug 3 2019 3:12 AM
    I did manage a little investigation but must admit to getting a little frustrated at the time. Still...I hear what you say.
  • DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Sat, Aug 3 2019 10:58 AM

ScottHope:

I haven't done any testing Larry, but I would say no, the game won't divert to the new Cally when the old one runs out. The new ball probably has a different ID number in the database and I would guess that's what the program looks at when you run out of your old Callys.  ; )

⇩ EDIT : You're welcome Jack, thank you. ; ) ⇩

That was what I was afraid of.  I don't use the Callys anymore, but it looks like the TM TP5 ball now has the same problem (but more expensive!).  All WGT did was change the level from 95 to 92 and now I can't mix in the exact same ball with my current ones!

It now identifies my current L95 balls as L92 but if I try to purchase more balls from my equipment tab - no luck.

• ScottHope
    10,085 Posts
    Sat, Aug 3 2019 11:12 AM

Post deleted due to Larry's senior moment, lol.

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Sat, Aug 3 2019 3:35 PM

ScottHope:

DoctorLarry:
    All WGT did was change the level from 95 to 92 and now I can't mix in the exact same ball with my current ones!
    That most definitely is not playing fair WGT!  How much of that kind of nonsense do you expect us to put up with?

I have to make a correction:

While the equipment tab would not send me to the right ball to purchase, I was able to purchase the "new" balls during the game when I got to the last existing L95 ball.  The purchase went through and the new balls are in the bag with my remaining "old" one.

So, in this case the purchase did work and no complaint to WGT is in order - for this case!!

• PAGES
RSS