Help › Forums

Re: *** Release notes 7/30/19 ***

Sun, Aug 11 2019 3:47 PM (26 replies)
  • EasyEdward
    13,495 Posts
    Fri, Aug 9 2019 2:59 PM

WGTChampion:

birchi:
    - What will the seeding in the brackets look like? Just a random draw or will #1 play #64 in the first round; does it make sense to try to get as high up on the leaderboard in the Qualifier as possible?

I'm not sure if seeding has been 100% decided yet, but I believe we will be seeding 1 vs 64, 2 vs 63 etc. 

_CHAMPION 

Could you also answer the question of why no 64 degree wedge in the PM Grind?  As there is in real life....

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Sat, Aug 10 2019 12:32 PM

EasyEdward:
    Could you also answer the question of why no 64 degree wedge in the PM Grind?  As there is in real life....

when I noticed WGTicon responded at length to several posts (later confirmed nearly all but mine), I must have held by breath as I began reading all of his responses in hopeful anticipation.... guess I passed out before the end of his replies (note I am not one to hold any records for holding your breath either) ... maybe dementia is setting in as I forgot to check back after I awoke ... since then... another attempt before yours was made and it too was either overlooked or intentionally dismissed.

I will note... while I am being a bit facetious now, I did feel I was respectful and thoughtful in making my inquiry... even complimentary of WGT for working on growing the game. 

btw -  don't worry I am ok, but don't hold your breath waiting on an answer... : ) 

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Sat, Aug 10 2019 3:02 PM

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Sat, Aug 10 2019 3:56 PM

That phrasing may be a little harsh Don, I was just trying to voice my frustration with not hearing anything in response.  

I think it stung a little to see multiple post receive responses or comments while mine was seemingly intentionally or unintentionally dismissed or ignored.  

I guess I should have known better... given others have shared concerns or hopes and if they were going to do so then we would have seen small changes with the new wedges that were released … I guess that says more than anything that isn't said.

I have had little contact with wgticon, but I know wgtchampion has replied and been helpful in direct messages and with more detailed responses in the forum than most are use to seeing.  Yes, it is possible their hands are tied in some ways, but they could possibly suggest that.   It doesn't mean I can't be disappointed either... as I am sure others are as well.

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Sun, Aug 11 2019 4:52 AM

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Sun, Aug 11 2019 6:50 AM

If I may I'd like to submit that we know precisely what they want us to know.  No one is targeting specific users for a reply while making decisions to ignore others. 

Consider they don't know if a 64 W will ever be released again.  Maybe one will or maybe one won't but for sure no one is going to say either way until it actually happens.  Have they ever confirmed nor denied other specific clubs ?  They open the floodgates for themselves commenting one way and having it go the other -- for a myriad of different reasons.

Regarding the future of the game and flash for example.  Champ has said WGT will outlive flash and hasn't elaborated.  Maybe he can't..yet.  If there is something neat-o in the works why spoil the surprise.  Maybe there's this great next WGT reveal coming and what's been said so far is all that can be said right now.

Software can be unpredictable sometimes and one of the gospel rules of software development is to never say you can deliver something unless you know for certain that you can.  

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Sun, Aug 11 2019 3:47 PM

kavvz:
    No one is targeting specific users for a reply while making decisions to ignore others. 

I didn't say they were targeting specific users.... I simply noted that when someone takes the time to quote every other question being asked while skipping over mine... it gives the IMPRESSION of being intentionally ignored.  

I have no way of knowing exactly why and any number or reasons could be given... I simply conveyed how it "appeared"  and my disappointment, which I attempted to do so humorously... I know appearances and perceptions are not always reflective of another persons intentions.  

RSS