Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Etiquette

Sun, Apr 5 2020 10:50 AM (29 replies)
  • Eastcoastjimi
    4 Posts
    Sun, Sep 22 2019 11:43 AM

wrong account. Eastcoastjimi is not a valid account. this player has been deleted by WGT. this comment is invalid and should be removed.

• isalman
    15 Posts
    Mon, Sep 23 2019 5:14 PM

ok

• DufferDuce
    96 Posts
    Wed, Sep 25 2019 2:06 PM

True story about chatting during a REAL round.  Lee Trevino and Jack Nicklaus are paired on Sunday.  Before the round Jack says to Lee, "I don't want to talk today, ok"    Lee responded, "Oh that's ok Jack, you don't have to talk, just listen."

• Sunnywind
    2 Posts
    Fri, Oct 18 2019 1:24 PM

I think people just think that another one would answer, they are simply lazy :-)

• middbrew
    318 Posts
    Mon, Oct 28 2019 7:10 AM

Sunnywind:

I think people just think that another one would answer, they are simply lazy :-)

I wouldn't go as far as to call someone lazy because they don't replay. I know there are some that don't because they aren't fast typers and don't want the clock to run out, some that have a language barrier and don't understand what you are saying, and of course those that just simply don't want or like to talk while enjoying the game.

• bwsq
    98 Posts
    Mon, Oct 28 2019 11:02 AM

I like to limit the chat to gl at the beginning of the match, and gg at the end.  I prefer to just play and concentrate on what I'm doing than to chat up my opponent. 

That being said, I don't want to be rude if my opponent is a big old chatterbox. 

• dhjam1
    577 Posts
    Mon, Oct 28 2019 11:24 AM

middbrew:

Sunnywind:

I wouldn't go as far as to call someone lazy because they don't replay. I know there are some that don't because they aren't fast typers and don't want the clock to run out, some that have a language barrier and don't understand what you are saying, and of course those that just simply don't want or like to talk while enjoying the game.

You forgot a big one, they could have chat turned off

• Connorjwebb123
    421 Posts
    Wed, Nov 6 2019 5:21 PM
    I always like to say gl at the start, and the usual ns,vns,nb,gg, etc, it always pays to be polite. Mostly enjoy the game !
  • KenBTEXAS
    281 Posts
    Mon, Mar 30 2020 2:51 PM

DufferDuce:

True story about chatting during a REAL round.  Lee Trevino and Jack Nicklaus are paired on Sunday.  Before the round Jack says to Lee, "I don't want to talk today, ok"    Lee responded, "Oh that's ok Jack, you don't have to talk, just listen."

PMSL

sounds like JN and sounds like Lee as well.... LOL

• pmm711
    5,509 Posts
    Sun, Apr 5 2020 10:50 AM

Forget chatting....

I just played a guy in a 2500 coin room who purposely took the full 45secs on every shot...including drives into the widest fairways and tap in putts.  I warned him that I'd have my granddaughter max out every hole unless he picked up the pace.  It’s funny too because when I slowed my pace to match his he then started to reply to chats...in a very belligerent manner.  Prior to me slowing my pace my chats were ignored by him.  

Well he failed to quicken the pace so I handed the reins to my granddaughter while I cooked brunch for me and the wife.  I hope he thoroughly enjoyed the wait for those worthless coins.  SHEESH   The wife told me to repent as it's Palm Sunday and I wasn't being a good Christian.  As CT would say, "Oi vey".  

RSS