Fri, Dec 18 2009 8:42 PM (29 replies)
  • Jiggs445
    27 Posts
    Fri, Dec 4 2009 10:07 PM

Jiggs445 defeats bwander 4up

• oppy
    286 Posts
    Fri, Dec 4 2009 10:43 PM

For the record, in case any one wanted to know, oppy beat sups4 1up on the 3rd playoff hole

• oppy
    286 Posts
    Sat, Dec 5 2009 12:44 PM

As of now, half of the first round matches have been completed, here are the results so far..

Reddog1965 (5) defeated davesr (12) 3 up

oppy (4) defeated sups4 (13) 1 up in a playoff

Jiggs445 (7) defeated bwander (15) 4 up

There are still 3 matches that have not been completed, the final deadline is tonight, no questions asked,

• oppy
    286 Posts
    Sat, Dec 5 2009 8:02 PM

The first round of the NYMP Championship has been completed......

PetePrieto, dyna72, and dmbstraycat have been defaulted.......

Here are the matchups for the quarterfinals:

Lobwedgex60 (1) vs. Dubosto (8)

reddog1965 (5) vs. oppy (4)

overtheedge (3) vs. gaoerfuqiu (11)

jiggs445 (7) vs. boblarsen (2)

Good luck to everyone, matches should be completed by Wednesday night

• gaoerfuqiu
    443 Posts
    Mon, Dec 7 2009 1:23 PM

overtheedge takes another step towards becoming the champion of New York with a win over 11th-seed gaoerfuqiu. An incredible eagle from the sand on #11 gave him a 2 up lead which he held until the 6th hole of the match, when I unfortunately got disconnected due to some weird bug in which I was logged out from the game :( ... but a great match anyways, over, and I can't wait to play with you again. Good luck to all remaining participants as you battle for the NY Champ title!

I would like to take a second to thank oppy for putting in the time and effort to run his first community tournament - so far I would consider it a success! I hope that you continue to organize tourneys and utilize great ideas such as this one, and I will definitely sign up. Thanks again, oppy!

• oppy
    286 Posts
    Mon, Dec 7 2009 2:11 PM

gaoerfuqiu:

overtheedge takes another step towards becoming the champion of New York with a win over 11th-seed gaoerfuqiu. An incredible eagle from the sand on #11 gave him a 2 up lead which he held until the 6th hole of the match, when I unfortunately got disconnected due to some weird bug in which I was logged out from the game :( ... but a great match anyways, over, and I can't wait to play with you again. Good luck to all remaining participants as you battle for the NY Champ title!

I would like to take a second to thank oppy for putting in the time and effort to run his first community tournament - so far I would consider it a success! I hope that you continue to organize tourneys and utilize great ideas such as this one, and I will definitely sign up. Thanks again, oppy!

Thanks a lot gaoer, I will definitely continue to hosting tournament and thanks for helping me out getting it going. I look forward to playing in your St. Andrews tournament also. Sorry your with game was edge was cut short, and thanks for participating, not only to you, but to everyone else who signed up. 

• boblarsen
    92 Posts
    Wed, Dec 9 2009 11:54 AM

Saw Jiggs online yesterday morning and sent a request to play our match.  It was declined and he left me no message before logging off.  I have also sent him a message asking for a convenient time to play with no feedback yet.

Just an update.

• oppy
    286 Posts
    Thu, Dec 10 2009 11:43 AM

The quarterfinals of the NYMP Championship have been completed.....

jiggs445 has been defaulted.....

Here are the semifinal matches:

(1) Lobwegdex60 vs. (4) oppy

(2) boblarsen vs. (3) overtheedge

-Matches must be completed by Sunday night, but preferably by Saturday 

-Bethpage Black (back 9) for semifinals

-The score should be reported to me by both participants

-Good luck to all the semifinalists

• boblarsen
    92 Posts
    Tue, Dec 15 2009 2:32 PM

Hi Oppy,

Just so you know overtheedge and I have been trying to play but our schedules have not jived to this point. 

As of right now we are shooting for a Thursday match.

• oppy
    286 Posts
    Fri, Dec 18 2009 8:42 PM

After a three week competition filled with many well played and hard fought matches, the NYMP Championship comes to close. Congratulations to Lobwedgex60, who defeated overtheedge today in an 18 hole final that came down the to wire, resulting in a 1up decision. Lobwedgex60 now bears the title of '2009 WGT Champion of New York.' I would like to thank all of the participants for competing and putting their time into this tournament. As a first time host, I can say that I learned a good amount that will help me to organize tournaments in the future, and it was my pleasure to organize the NYMP Championship. Until next year.....

oppy

RSS