Forums

Help › Forums

Re: The Caddy

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jul 26 2019 1:34 PM (8 replies)
  • gerryniswonger
    1,890 Posts
    Thu, Jul 25 2019 4:18 AM

When selecting "Do not use Caddy", it really doesn't work on shots under 36 yards.  Can Wgt make it mean what it says and the caddy never comes up.  Can you do that WGT?

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Thu, Jul 25 2019 4:57 AM

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Thu, Jul 25 2019 9:39 AM

• gerryniswonger
    1,890 Posts
    Thu, Jul 25 2019 10:12 AM

"Are you serious? You REALLY had to start yet another thread on this?"

Who do you think you are to question my post?  I'm asking WGT programmers not some opinionated player. .  It's none of your business!

However, I will answer your question.  All I was asking in this post is that since there is an option to not use the caddy, why doesn't it work like it says?  AND...could someone representing WGT make it work correctly?  Or would that be too hard to do.

OK, I've cooled down a little now. Let me explain that I'm 75 years old and my memory isn't very good.anymore.  I very often forget to look and see what the shot type is.  It would help me if I don't have to worry about that part.  I'm not stupid. I'm just hoping for a fix.

Out.

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Thu, Jul 25 2019 10:51 AM

• gerryniswonger
    1,890 Posts
    Thu, Jul 25 2019 1:52 PM

Thanks, good idea.  I'll email both.  Perhaps they will answer.

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Fri, Jul 26 2019 9:46 AM

LOL - just be careful what you ask for!

Ask them to fix this and then for a week you will have nothing but a putter and a 3H in your bag!!

Either that or they will turn the caddy into a real nag that pops up a dialog asking:

Are you really sure you want to hit that 4 iron?

followed by:

Are you really sure you want to hit a punch shot?

followed by:

Are you really sure you want to hit 39% back spin?

followed by:

Did you make sure you flushed the toilet last time?

etc, ad nauseaum..........

\;^)

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Fri, Jul 26 2019 11:32 AM

TopShelf2010:

gerryniswonger:
    Let me explain that I'm 75 years old and my memory isn't very good.anymore

These are not WGT issues, they are yours and yours alone.

Not really his alone. They are mine too, I'm 73 with a rather poor memory but I  take full responsibility for my mess ups. Like  forgetting to switch back to full or punch or what ever shot I wanted to hit from pitch when I lined up my shot, Or forgetting to add my spin after lining my shot up. Or not double checking the putter increment chosen. Or what has been killing me lately forgetting what green speed the tourney I'm playing has. 

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Fri, Jul 26 2019 1:34 PM

FWIW, this post IS different than the previous one that asked to have the setting for certain shot types changed - quite different.

This post directly asks a question that was tangentially brought up in the previous post/thread, and that is the fact that the caddy does not stay "off" when the distance gets below a certain value.  The OP stated that he turned the caddy off and it is off UNTIL the distance is less than 36 yards and then it comes back on.

The point to WGT is why not make the option work all the time, not just some of the time.  I think that is a reasonable question.

Sometimes you have to re-read the post to realize it is NOT what was posted before. 

Get it?

RSS