Wed, Aug 7 2019 4:39 PM (55 replies)
  • TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Wed, Aug 7 2019 11:05 AM

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Wed, Aug 7 2019 11:30 AM

AlaskanDame:
    I completely understand.  And, yes, the OP should be responding to the giver’s question that was on his wall.

He only ever made 12 posts including in his CC and two in the gifting thread and one here, but yes he should have made an effort to explain. I realise folk are not interested in my attepts at an explanation so I wont offer one.

Anyway I noticed a few days ago that he's no longer with the CC he'd been at for four years.

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Wed, Aug 7 2019 12:05 PM

• callaghan159
    6,220 Posts
    Wed, Aug 7 2019 1:23 PM

SlickHunter:

TopShelf2010:

callaghan159:
    I am not sure if I will do it again.

Exactly why I have stopped being so generous... in both the Christmas in July and the 12 Days of Christmas. Let alone the random acts of kindness throughout the year.

Don

Why not just do it in your within your club?

Currently don't belong to a club and when I was I tried a couple of times and no one responded.  I can lead a horse to water but can't force it to drink.

• AlaskanDame
    18,958 Posts
    Wed, Aug 7 2019 1:52 PM

TopShelf2010:

AlaskanDame:
    I was just meaning to explain

It's all good my friend. No need to explain. There are many players that frequent the Forums that I consider to be outstanding members of the community... you included.

Don

Well thanks.  :)

• opyeuclid
    6,706 Posts
    Wed, Aug 7 2019 4:39 PM

opyeuclid:

Short story .

When this event first started ,, Thank you Sir ,    It was something to be there and be part of ,  when I was asked to do the July event it meant more to me than any of you can know .

Fast forward a few years and watching how it all changed I get a Email from a friend that said "  I am done , and walking away " ,  And I understand why !    

Next year or so go by with good and bad , The bad happened and the good  made it right .

This year I was asked If I was going to ?   my reply was I dont think so , # 1 was busy with work , # 2 was its not the same as it once was .   And I understand !  

The reply I got back was " but OPY the community know and trust you "  .

I asked for help and it was the help who ran the event this year , Thank You ! 

Also glad  It was set for only 7 days and not the 12 .

If ( said if  )  I  host the event next year ,  I am going to change the format to 5 days for players to ask for a gift , at the end of  said 5 days the Santa,s will then after looking at Sally wants a doll and Bobby wants a GI Joe will we pick who gets a gift .

OPY 

As much as it matters to any and all ,  It was a gift to me to once more see the

" Santa,s " .

RSS