Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Bizarre club rental phenomenon..

Sat, Jul 27 2019 7:31 AM (9 replies)
  • Miantiao
    401 Posts
    Tue, Jul 23 2019 6:56 PM

I rented the top Callaway irons during the free rental period to see how they compare with my Nikes and after a few hits decided my Nikes were more suitable, despite the Callaway's slower meter speed.

Strange things happened when I reverted to using my Nike irons up until the rental and purchase discount period ended.

Bizarrely the Nike irons' meter became possessed by what can only be described as an evil spirited poltergeist hell bent on sabotaging each shot I played.

It got to the point where I decided to deliberately off ding by no small amount, in a vain effort to exorcise the evil spirit that had quite obviously possessed my Nike irons for some reason unbeknownst to me, causing not a small amount of frustration at not being able to hit the side of a wool shed from 150 yards.

Strangely my other clubs were disaffected by this most disagreeable and unwanted presence. This killjoy spirit appeared to not only harbour a vicious grudge against my beautiful Nikes, but displayed obvious signs of jealousy, bordering on pschotic.

Thankfully it has now vacated my Nike forged metal works of art to what I can only suspect  to be a temporary purgatory until the next free rental period when it will be awoken once again to wreak havoc on another unsuspecting victim.

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Wed, Jul 24 2019 10:54 PM

Miantiao:
    Strangely my other clubs were disaffected by this most disagreeable and unwanted presence. This killjoy spirit appeared to only to harbour a vicious grudge against my beautiful Nikes. Perhaps it was jealous.

Possibly, but it may be that your Nikes were perturbed that you dared rent another brand and displace them - even temporarily - from what they felt was their rightful place in your bag.  I would not be surprised if the Nikes discussed this among themselves while you were on the course with the Callys.  The 3-iron probably started it - they have always been the troublemaker in my bag! 

I have seen this before, especially when mixing different brands of wedges in my bag.  Currently I have a Cleveland mixed in with 2 Mac Daddys and occasionally the Cleveland attempts to turn it's back on me during play, causing me to hit the ball with the heel of the club!!  At least that is my only explanation for some of the shots that ensue.

Either way, sometimes one must beware of awakening sleeping dogs - or club sodas.

• Miantiao
    401 Posts
    Wed, Jul 24 2019 11:27 PM

DoctorLarry:
    Possibly, but it may be that your Nikes were perturbed that you dared rent another brand and displace them

I'm afraid you may be right.

I've sworn to my Nike beauties that I'll never play around behind their backs again, if only to avoid permanent injury or perhaps death.

• Kenher01
    1,151 Posts
    Thu, Jul 25 2019 1:16 AM

Hi,

I might be stating the obvious & you've probably done this but did you Clear/Clean your Cache after the Rental Period before you put the Nike's back in the bag.

Ken

• Miantiao
    401 Posts
    Thu, Jul 25 2019 2:57 AM

Kenher01:

Hi,

I might be stating the obvious & you've probably done this but did you Clear/Clean your Cache after the Rental Period before you put the Nike's back in the bag.

Ken

I used the Callaways for a half round then reverted to my Nikes. Meter psychosis disappeared only when the rental period followed by the discount period ended.

Mike

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Thu, Jul 25 2019 4:27 AM

Kenher01:

Hi,

Ken

It is probably a good idea to clear your cache before using rental clubs not just after. 

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Thu, Jul 25 2019 7:23 PM

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Fri, Jul 26 2019 3:27 PM

Miantiao:

Strange things happened when I reverted to using my Nike irons up until the rental and purchase discount period ended.

Bizarrely the Nike irons' meter became possessed by what can only be described as an evil spirited poltergeist hell bent on sabotaging each shot I played.

It got to the point where I decided to deliberately off ding by no small amount, in a vain effort to exorcise the evil spirit that had quite obviously possessed my Nike irons for some reason unbeknownst to me, causing not a small amount of frustration at not being able to hit the side of a wool shed from 150 yards.

Paranormal Activity, if you ask me. This is something for Yancy

RSS