rated by 0 users
Thu, Jul 25 2019 1:24 PM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Kenher01
    1,151 Posts
    Wed, Jul 24 2019 9:54 AM

gerryniswonger:

tick/check "Do not show Caddy" 

Jeez that would be really great.  Sadly, on shots less than 36 yards it uses the Caddie whether you want it or not.  I know because I always turn off the darn thing.

I don't think you have Caddy unchecked because if you did this is what you would see

Ken

• gerryniswonger
    1,890 Posts
    Wed, Jul 24 2019 1:32 PM

Kenher01:

gerryniswonger:

tick/check "Do not show Caddy" 

Jeez that would be really great.  Sadly, on shots less than 36 yards it uses the Caddie whether you want it or not.  I know because I always turn off the darn thing.

I don't think you have Caddy unchecked because if you did this is what you would see

Ken

I'm sorry Ken but your wrong.  You haven't chosen your club yet in this picture.  As soon as you do it will say "Pitch" in this instance.

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Wed, Jul 24 2019 3:52 PM

The point is:

There is no "right" answer to every shot in this game.  The caddy does not even pick the right club or shot off the tee every time!!

To suggest there is a right shot for every time for any distance range is ridiculous.

Now, quiet - I am on the green - hand me a wedge.

• Kenher01
    1,151 Posts
    Thu, Jul 25 2019 1:12 AM

gerryniswonger:

I've requested this change SEVERAL times before but I'm doing it again.  All shots under 36 yards should be set on FULL.  Having a 40-50 shot set on chip or pitch is ludicrous!  Yes, I know all I have to do is change it.  But we shouldn't have to.  It's ridiculous.

Personally I would probably lower my stroke average significantly and I'm pretty sure it would be the same for many other members,  It should be a real easy fix!

How about giving me some kind of response this time?

As alluded to by Doctor Larry there is no right answer,

You personally may prefer it to be set to Full as others may also prefer but me myself select 50 Punch right down to 21 yards (Sometimes down to 18 yd's) & then just below that 20 Flop & then 17 Pitch.

I know other's prefer the 25 Pitch.

So FULL by default may suit you but it would not suit all.

There is no one way that suits all/No one "size" that suits all :(

Moral of story if using Caddy check & then recheck just before you hit that you have right club & club type selected.

If not using a Caddy pretty much the same, All on us :(

Ken

• gerryniswonger
    1,890 Posts
    Thu, Jul 25 2019 4:12 AM

"If using Caddy"

This is absolutely the problem Ken.  Even though I click the "Do not use Caddy" in options,  It still comes out on shots under 36 yards, whether you want it or not!

Maybe that should be the fix that WGT should make.  When selecting "Do not use Caddy", it really means what it says and the caddy never comes up.  Can you do that WGT?

• Miantiao
    401 Posts
    Thu, Jul 25 2019 1:24 PM

gerryniswonger:
    All shots under 36 yards should be set on FULL

Distances from 25-50 yards you'll find that a punch shot is best.

Distances under 25 yards pitch will give you a line and a good chance to hole out. Of course there are some occasions when a flop is best.

Playing AS games I've noticed most players use the flop, even when they are less than 10 yards away in many instances, and most don't utilise the punch.

Adopting these two shots into your game will shave shots off of your stroke rounds, guaranteed.

• PAGES
RSS