Forums

Help › Forums

Is there any game play updates coming too the mobile platform?

Tue, Jul 30 2019 4:15 PM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • waughy2
    14 Posts
    Sun, Jul 21 2019 3:45 AM

Would love too see match play and alternate shot available too mobile users.

• MCalderon402
    348 Posts
    Mon, Jul 29 2019 7:43 PM

waughy2:

Would love too see match play and alternate shot available too mobile users.

I’ve been asking for a long time. They neglect mobile players. Even overall h2h stats don’t show on mobile and web you get details on match play, alt shot. Hope they brought more and also cabo / whistler but they don’t. 

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Tue, Jul 30 2019 3:46 AM

• MCalderon402
    348 Posts
    Tue, Jul 30 2019 6:53 AM

TopShelf2010:

MCalderon402:
    They neglect mobile players

Would you care to state your case before the court (Community)?

There are many players that come to mind that would beg to differ with this comment.

Don

So dumb the way you ask…..

Looks like you are a PC player. Have you ever played mobile? I play mostly mobile but do PC from time to time. 

For one. The only way to do multi player in the mobile platform is in coin rooms via head to head or friendly matches a 3 or 9 hole random course. 

on PC, you get to select a course, a game mode such as match play, alternate shot, stroke play, blitz, etc.  

Second, On PC, you can set the games as challenge mode and make bets for blitz, match play, and one more that i can't recall and bet CREDITS that can be used in the proshop. 

On Mobile, in our head to head it's random 1, 3 or 9 hole in coin rooms and even at the 2.5 million entry in coins once you win the coins are practically worthless as you can not buy anything in the pro shop. All you can do is rent clubs that are way below anyone's level that go into the high end rooms.

The cost of 10,000 credits on PC or 11,000 credits on mobile for USD 100 seems as a benefit to mobile but people get taxed on that via purchasing through iTunes or whatever platform they use so not a better deal even though they do show 1,000 more credits. 

On PC, if you have a lot of credits you can get an amazon gift card, a entry to 4 different golf courses, and a few other items. 

On Mobile, you can not see any of those, and since the coins are worthless they just sit there waiting for coins to be reduced through time (as WGT is now doing without Monaco and people without apparel are actually reducing the coin totals of WGT overall).

Take this, if WGT would consider Mobile players more, they would give worth to the coins in a way they can be exchanged for credits or in the proshop for items. 

A mobile player can buy 2.5 million coins for USD 100. The cost of the credits as stated above. Give them value and combine the platforms is what it is needed in the game and allow mobile players to select games in different mode, and the course not just random. 

Also, if you play mobile Turf War is what people enjoy for most part until they realize what a waste fo time it is. One person will play a lot of head to head using Country Club passes to score and win. By winning you only get 15% of the gross coins you put up and a Super Pass used for clash. 

The 15% on the gross doesn't account for any losses. So you can actually be down in coins from when you started and still seem like you scored well. The Super Pass it's used in Clash, where really the prize from 4th to 50th is the same and 51st to 100th is practically the same. 

People spend endless hours to clash when clash is for clubs with numbers not skills. So even if a turf club has more super passes they do not have a chance being a club of 30 to a club of ok-ish players at best that are almost at max capacity of 250. 

So the best thing WGT should do is 1) add value to coins, 2) change the way turf war points are counted, 3) base clash points as a percentage of max players not per hole as it doesn't account for club size and skills, and 4) synchronize the platforms so mobile players can benefit from the same game modes and play WEB (PC) players do. 

One more thing. On Brackets and Ready Go. PC players are able to play Uneven Lies that are only for Web based players. On Mobile, we worked so hard to get certain apparel we like and we can only use it in coin games and clash. They should be allowed to use everywhere and at the very minimum have Brackets and Ready Go only for mobile players where the apparel can be in use. 

- M

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Tue, Jul 30 2019 7:27 AM

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Tue, Jul 30 2019 8:06 AM

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Tue, Jul 30 2019 8:22 AM

• MCalderon402
    348 Posts
    Tue, Jul 30 2019 8:36 AM

Robert1893:

TopShelf2010:
    To me personally, it appears the mobile version is getting way more attention from WGT than the pc version.

I agree. Over the last couple of years, the mobile version has received a tremendous amount of attention. The fact that someone can delineate a number of differences between the two platforms does not negate the fact that WGT has clearly paid attention to the mobile platform. 

That's your prerogative Robert. 

Mobile may seem like it is getting more attention but in fact just because the main page looks different, because we have apparel does not mean players are gaining anything. We are not even able to play Cabo nor Whistler aside from a couple of holes in random Best of Par 5 or Best of Par 3 holes in coin games. 

We are able to see videos, but unfortunately unless the platforms are synchronized Web version and mobile version are really two different games in one. 

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Tue, Jul 30 2019 8:52 AM

• MCalderon402
    348 Posts
    Tue, Jul 30 2019 9:24 AM

Robert1893:

Since I only play the mobile platform, I'm well aware of what's available on the mobile platform. 

The bottom line is they're paying attention to the platform. They're simply not doing the things you (as well as others) would like them to do. That's not neglect. That's simply them allocating their resources or setting their priorities differently. 

Again. Neglect is my own opinion and it is not yours. It is what it is. You have your own opinion and I have mine and everyone in the game has his or her own. 

Doesn't matter what platform you play. 

• PAGES
RSS