Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Callaway Rogue Iron Set (L97+

Mon, Jul 22 2019 2:10 PM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • middbrew
    318 Posts
    Mon, Jul 22 2019 5:04 AM

Thanks for the input. I have the LVL100's  right now but with all the talk about those with the LVL97 liking the meter so much better thought I'd rent them and see for myself. Lucky, the free rental was still in affect this morning.

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Mon, Jul 22 2019 11:07 AM
    @slick, I also got rid of the 100s, and went back to the 97s. ( they play better imo) Got rid of sabertooth, the spider 103, feels better, and smoother, even though the specs are better on sabertooth, my putting has improved. ( yes in just a couple days) I find it odd, that wgt got rid of most of the slower meter clubs, replacing them with a little faster meter. They got rid of all the clubs I had in my bag, except the clevelands. (All high end, the Taylor made driver, rogue 100s, and the sabertooth. ) Now, I'm of the thinking that anyone who sticks with the items that they have, but that wgt got fid of, wgt will change how they play. I know that a few of you will disagree with that, but lots of people I have spoken to, have said that their clubs aren't playing the same as before. ( all the clubs that have been deleted from pro shop that is) If yours is playing the same, then more power to you. It just might be a way for them to get you to trade off so they get your credits, that is if you are of the competative nature, if you don't care what you score, then it won't make a difference to you. Have to remember, this isn't a game, to them. It's a business, in it , for all the cash they can get.
  • drmoose
    3,532 Posts
    Mon, Jul 22 2019 2:00 PM

Being that I'm about 6,000 xp's from lvl. 97, after reading these reviews, I'll probably pony up the cash fer the shiny new toys, but, only if WGT unfreezes my DTP, and, puts it in writing that they won't bend the shafts once I buy them ( like they did with my G20's ).

Doc :)

• SlickHunter
    1,034 Posts
    Mon, Jul 22 2019 2:10 PM

Luckystar5:
    @slick, I also got rid of the 100s, and went back to the 97s. ( they play better imo) Got rid of sabertooth, the spider 103, feels better, and smoother, even though the specs are better on sabertooth, my putting has improved. ( yes in just a couple days) I find it odd, that wgt got rid of most of the slower meter clubs, replacing them with a little faster meter. They got rid of all the clubs I had in my bag, except the clevelands. (All high end, the Taylor made driver, rogue 100s, and the sabertooth. ) Now, I'm of the thinking that anyone who sticks with the items that they have, but that wgt got fid of, wgt will change how they play. I know that a few of you will disagree with that, but lots of people I have spoken to, have said that their clubs aren't playing the same as before. ( all the clubs that have been deleted from pro shop that is) If yours is playing the same, then more power to you. It just might be a way for them to get you to trade off so they get your credits, that is if you are of the competative nature, if you don't care what you score, then it won't make a difference to you. Have to remember, this isn't a game, to them. It's a business, in it , for all the cash they can get.

Good to hear from you buddy. What you’re saying is very true. WGT is a business, who needs to generate income to stay afloat. If the old equipments play as good like when they were new, they can’t generate their quota, and if they don’t, it’s us that suffer. Just like anything in life now a days, keeping up with the latest, and keep things running smooth cost money. Compare to other games, WGT has a way of helping players with the possibility of getting credits for free. 

Yeah I got the Spider as well, I thought the same, feels much better, until the next one comes along-:) and I’m ready to dump my Pro irons too.

• PAGES
RSS