Help › Forums

Re: PC version of this game.

rated by 0 users
Thu, Jul 18 2019 3:26 PM (4 replies)
  • NKinsella
    316 Posts
    Thu, Jul 18 2019 10:33 AM

Hi

I am thinking of coming back to this game after over a year away due to illness. When I left I made a pathetic and stupid and impulsive decsion to sell all my clubs so if I did comeback and buy the best clubs this is going to cost me nearly $300 which is a huge amount of money to me and I will need to sell possesions to fund it.

My question is I only enjoy the PC version of this game and I absolutely hate the mobile and tablet versions so I am worried about making this investment and then finding out that the pc version of this game shuts down in 6 months when updates are stopped for flash player.

I realise WGT are not willing to discuss there future plans but does anybody have any inside info as to if the pc version of this game has a long term future or not. Its really unfair topgolf wgt have not fully clarified this situation by now and expect us to blindly put our time and money in the game when there is not even an indication if the pc game version will survive the demise of flash player or not.

Thanking you for your help Neil

• WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Thu, Jul 18 2019 11:09 AM

We're not going away. We will outlive flash. 

_CHAMPION 

• el3n1
    4,491 Posts
    Thu, Jul 18 2019 11:45 AM

NKinsella:
    Thanking you for your help Neil

I can't offer much insight into the flash portion, but Champ already touched on that...

Something to consider … if you time your return or purchases with one of the "free trial" weekends that come around you can save a good chunk of credits using the 10% discount after the free trial.

Another thing... you appear to have been quite good... so if you join a club that could use a strong player like yourself... some members who have already built up credits could gift you clubs to help you out trusting you stick around and contribute to the club.

You just missed the "Christmas in July Event" but another event may return in December.

There is also the program run by The Bushwackers - TGoG which helps players out.  

While you may dislike the mobile platform... many of the PC players in our club simply use the mobile platform to watch the 2 credit videos to build up credits to purchase clubs... yes it is slow and tedious and you may feel like a bot at times, but it allows you to virtually play for free (technically anyway.. you still invest your time) but it can be done while doing other things.

Either way figured I would remind you or throw out a few of these options to help you along.  

• NKinsella
    316 Posts
    Thu, Jul 18 2019 3:26 PM

Thank you both for your advice! 

• NKinsella
    316 Posts
    Thu, Jul 18 2019 3:26 PM

Thank you both for your advice! 

RSS