Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Pro shop question

rated by 0 users
Thu, Jul 18 2019 10:09 AM (5 replies)
  • Papabukk
    708 Posts
    Mon, Jul 15 2019 11:58 PM

I’m thinking of upgrading my wedges so I’ve been snooping in all you big dogs bags and I’m not seeing a lot of your clubs in the pro shop. Looks like I can purchase from your bags/specs as there is a purchase button there. What gives??? Can I purchase or will it tell me the club is no longer available. I was gonna try but chickened out. Didn’t want to burn my credits experimenting  

Example: Taylor Made ATV level 86-87 are in several bags (with a purchase button) but not in the pro shop. Very curious.

All that said, I’m currently using Max spin level 50’s so I’m leaning towards the Max meter level 94 witch are in the pro shop. 

Also, any recommendations would be appreciated.

Bukky

• ander101
    390 Posts
    Tue, Jul 16 2019 10:11 AM

If you check  the wedges that a lot of top player are currently using, you will usually find 1 of 2 brands 1. the Callaway Mack Daddy 2. Cleveland golf RTX 2.0 588, the Mack Daddy is a fine wedge, with a 4.2 swing meter, but have 2 draw backs the 1st, you can't purchase it in a 64 degree loft which is desperately needed & second take quite a while to adjust to the distances. 

Now the Cleveland wedges you will find the distances are alittle easier to learn, come in a nice selection of lofts including 64 degrees, a must for club within 60 yds of green. are easy to use the chip, pitch, & punch options, only drawback is the 3.5 meter if your other clubs are 4 or more.

Is it not time to update the wedges with a Mack Daddy 64 degree at L98+, and the Cleveland RTX 4.0, 54,56,60 & 64 at Ls, 98,99,100 & 101+ meter of 4.0?

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Tue, Jul 16 2019 2:37 PM

ander101 covered it pretty well.

I like the Mack Daddy wedges (particularly for the 4.5 meter) and am disappointed they do not have the 64 deg wedge.  I tried the Max 64 deg wedge, but it was just not good enough.  I got the Cleveland 64 deg wedge and, even with the faster meter, it is worth it for it's ability around the green, especially with the 50-yd punch!

I also have the Mack Daddy 52 deg wedge for use on Par 3 courses as an excellent replacement for the PW.

• SlickHunter
    1,034 Posts
    Wed, Jul 17 2019 1:53 AM

DoctorLarry:

ander101 covered it pretty well.

I like the Mack Daddy wedges (particularly for the 4.5 meter) and am disappointed they do not have the 64 deg wedge.  I tried the Max 64 deg wedge, but it was just not good enough.  I got the Cleveland 64 deg wedge and, even with the faster meter, it is worth it for it's ability around the green, especially with the 50-yd punch!

I also have the Mack Daddy 52 deg wedge for use on Par 3 courses as an excellent replacement for the PW.

Would like to get the McDaddys, but I like the Cleveland yardage spacing. 

• ander101
    390 Posts
    Wed, Jul 17 2019 6:44 AM

If you can hold on for a few days, the last PGA major is this weekend in Ireland , WGT just may have a free rental weekend, then you' ll be able to check multi wedges. 

Or, just as good, have a Guinness Beer ball effect for all to enjoy.

• Papabukk
    708 Posts
    Thu, Jul 18 2019 10:09 AM

Thank you fellas. 

I will certainly wait to see about the free rentals. As all my credits are earned from videos, and a small percentage from winnings, I’m in no hurry to spend them. I am proud to say I have not spent one penny on this game. I’ve read one cannot advance or win if you don’t spend real money on WGT. I’m not so sure about that. In my mind WGT is truly a “ free” online game. Kudos to WGT and the many awesome players that will take the time to help out a stranger. 

Sincerely; 

Thanks again fellas. 

RSS