Forums

Help › Forums

Re: New putter

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jul 12 2019 2:22 PM (6 replies)
  • Barbelface
    8 Posts
    Thu, Jul 11 2019 6:40 AM

i’m approaching level 86. Been using my level 35 spider for a while now and it’s servering it’s purpose. Would I benefit from a higher level putter? If so any recommendations? They certainly get up in price as you progress in this game 😳

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Thu, Jul 11 2019 1:33 PM

Barbelface:

i’m approaching level 86. Been using my level 35 spider for a while now and it’s servering it’s purpose. Would I benefit from a higher level putter? If so any recommendations? They certainly get up in price as you progress in this game 😳

I recommend looking at a better putter.  You know the saying about "putting for dough"!!!

They do get pricey. 

I would look at the Pro Shop Equipment Tables that player ScottHope keeps updated.  You can see everything in the Pro Shop with all the prices and all the attributes.

Since you seem to favor higher meter (like I do), you can sort through the putters with higher meter, like 4.5 to 5.0, and see quite a few up to level 86 - and some beyond.  (I use Scott's tables to plan in advance when to rent clubs when I level up so I can get the discount and buy them).  You see they are in the 1100-3000 credit range, so you have to decide on a budget too!

I played the L77 TM Spider until I could get the L94 TM Spider - I like them/  You will need to check which putting scales you want - I like the 10-20-50, etc, there are others available.

Good luck. 

• Barbelface
    8 Posts
    Thu, Jul 11 2019 5:35 PM

Thanks for the advice Doc!

• Barbelface
    8 Posts
    Thu, Jul 11 2019 5:38 PM

One last question. What’s the difference between the max control lvl 80 and Master putters? The specs look to be the same but there is a slight cost difference

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Thu, Jul 11 2019 7:10 PM

Barbelface:

One last question. What’s the difference between the max control lvl 80 and Master putters? The specs look to be the same but there is a slight cost difference

Threw me for a minute there - but you mean the Level 0 Master?

Yes - the Lvl 0 has same specs but different putting scales.  More of them actually, which would be a plus for me.

• SeabrookFlash
    463 Posts
    Fri, Jul 12 2019 12:34 PM

I'd strongly consider staying with the Spyder putters if you like the one you have.  I'd upgrade to the level 77 putter immediately and then to the level 94 and then the level 101 as your progression allows.

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Fri, Jul 12 2019 2:22 PM

Barbelface:
    Would I benefit from a higher level putter?

It would be rather difficult to say, imho... you appear to have only played 3 ranked rounds with nothing current to base even a hypothetical guess at what may be a weakness in your game … and you state the current putter is "serving it's purpose."

If there is something holding you back, it may not even be putting but rather approach shots, proximity to hole, scrambling or something else, just hard to know given such a small and infrequent sample of rounds played...

Since the greens stay the same as  you get promoted but just speed up.. any putter that you are comfortable with and use well is likely sufficient... buying a better putter won't automatically make you see the line better or get the right speed.  

some players prefer lower to mid range putters because they serve a miss ding putting style well from what I have read and understand.  And there are a few players out there that stick with the starter putter for quite a long time... 

So it can really depend on what you want to spend your credits on.  

RSS