Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Turf war activation

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jul 16 2019 3:45 PM (7 replies)
  • bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Wed, Jul 10 2019 4:38 AM

I perhaps should know the answer to this , but I don’t . 

If our club is at the stage of being able to trigger a turf war, but don’t want to ( due to clash tomorrow), what then happens to any more passes that are played ? Are they then allocated to the next turf war or are they lost ? 

• AlaskanDame
    18,953 Posts
    Thu, Jul 11 2019 11:05 AM

bossbird:

I perhaps should know the answer to this , but I don’t . 

If our club is at the stage of being able to trigger a turf war, but don’t want to ( due to clash tomorrow), what then happens to any more passes that are played ? Are they then allocated to the next turf war or are they lost ? 

I noted our number for turf war purposes just before the Clash started last time  (two weeks ago).  Say, something like 175/300.  After the Clash, it was still 175.  It appears to me that no passes are counted for turf war purposes while the Clash is on, even if the pass was not used for a Clash game.  They are “lost,” as you put it.  But you will be able to activate your turf war when the Clash is over.  That is not lost.

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Thu, Jul 11 2019 11:40 AM

Thanks Alaskan dame, but I was also wondering about this. The turf war activation is ready to be activated , ie all the passes needed have been used, but say there is 12 hours to go before the clash starts , but I have another pass I want to play. Obviously , I don’t need it to trigger the next turf war, as there are already sufficient , so this additional pass , would it be lost or would it be allocated to the turf war after the next one . Does that make sense ? 

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Sun, Jul 14 2019 8:38 AM

Is there a moderator or perhaps wgtchampion who knows the answer to this please ? 

• HalHoff
    808 Posts
    Tue, Jul 16 2019 8:56 AM

There are only 2 members in your club. You can activate a Turf War after one ends with 4 passes played (double your membership). It should be easy to see with a club your size. I think you can figure this one out on your own.

Logical guess is countdown and reset for new TurfWar doesn’t start until last one is completed.

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Tue, Jul 16 2019 9:54 AM

Thanks for your sarcasm ! That wasn’t what I was asking! If you can’t answer my actual question, best you don’t say anything. I can guess as well as anyone , but I just wanted to know what happens to a pass that is played once the full compliment of passes needed to trigger a turf war has been achieved, but I haven’t triggered the turf war due to insufficient time left , before a clash starts.

• HalHoff
    808 Posts
    Tue, Jul 16 2019 3:09 PM

Play your Turf War then look to see how many passes needed to start the next one when done. Since you asked the question 6 days ago, you could of played 2 or 3 Wars already. You can answer your question as soon as your Turf War ends and see you have to play 4 passes to start a new one.

What happens to the pass? Your club gets the xp as well as you personally. You can start a war hours before a clash. Your Turf War will also continue while the Clash is being played simultaneously. You can access Turf leaderboard during a clash to check its status under Club Contests on your club home page.

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Tue, Jul 16 2019 3:45 PM

I am still not sure you are understanding my question . 

My question was specifically to do with not wanting to trigger the turf war , hours before the clash . And what would happen to the extra pass that then got played, with the turf war not being triggered. I wouldn’t want the turf war and clash running at the same time as, as you rightly pointed out with only two members our club is too small to compete in both at the same time. 

I know the club and me personally gets the XP’s , that’s not the issue . 

RSS