Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Top Tracer in / off

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jul 9 2019 8:49 AM (6 replies)
  • KingSak
    49 Posts
    Mon, Jul 8 2019 9:52 AM

Is there a way in settings or somewhere that I'm missing where the Top Tracer gauge thingy can be turned off and on only when I want it?

Sometimes I find it to be a distraction and the way I play, the last thing I need is distractions!

Thanks

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Mon, Jul 8 2019 11:19 AM

KingSak:

Is there a way in settings or somewhere that I'm missing where the Top Tracer gauge thingy can be turned off and on only when I want it?

Sometimes I find it to be a distraction and the way I play, the last thing I need is distractions!

Thanks

Sure.

On PC, The last Display setting is "Tee Shot Data" - you can turn it off if you never want to see it.  Of course, you can click the "X" in the box if you just want to get it out of the way.

I use it to see how much carry and roll I get on shots while I am practicing, particularly while trying differnt backspins.  You must have it on then.

• nammvett
    123 Posts
    Mon, Jul 8 2019 12:43 PM
    KingSak:

Thanks

Sure.

On PC, The last Display setting is "Tee Shot Data" - you can turn it off if you never want to see it.  Of course, you can click the "X" in the box if you just want to get it out of the way.

I use it to see how much carry and roll I get on shots while I am practicing, particularly while trying differnt backspins.  You must have it on then.

What good is the top tracer?  You can't tell how much back/top you put on the ball BEFORE YOU HIT IT.  So what possible use is it in the first place.  Just turn it off!

• KingSak
    49 Posts
    Mon, Jul 8 2019 3:56 PM

Thank you DoctorLarry I'll try that now.

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Mon, Jul 8 2019 8:57 PM

nammvett:
    What good is the top tracer?  You can't tell how much back/top you put on the ball BEFORE YOU HIT IT.  So what possible use is it in the first place.  Just turn it off!

Did you notice where I said Practice?

I practice hitting a lot of balls with every club and every shot type and different spins to map distances.  That is how you learn how far shots go.  That is also how you learn how to apply different amounts of backspin and topspin.

If you don't use back and top spin you are missing out on a lot of the game.

• mikegooner0
    13,859 Posts
    Tue, Jul 9 2019 2:30 AM

you can judge what back spin you put on your ball prior to hitting with some balls ....they may have numbers like the Titleist or a marking like the Callaway Truvis....if you play a few shots and take note of the back spin you put on your ball after your shot with the info on top tracer then you can be pretty close to that mark again and again....lots of players use full back spin on most long iron and 3 wood shots so there is no question of what back spin they use ...and they just add extra yards to their shots....but like what has been said ...it takes some practice ..

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Tue, Jul 9 2019 8:49 AM

DoctorLarry:

nammvett:

Did you notice where I said Practice?

I practice hitting a lot of balls with every club and every shot type and different spins to map distances.  That is how you learn how far shots go.  That is also how you learn how to apply different amounts of backspin and topspin.

If you don't use back and top spin you are missing out on a lot of the game.

Here's a reason I like it on always.   For shots that I am not using full top or back spin, if the shot carries too far or too short I can see if I used the amount of spin I thought I did.

side bar question,  I wonder why you can apply 100% topspin but only 99% backspin?

RSS