Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Longest drive stats

rated by 0 users
Thu, Jul 18 2019 4:46 AM (7 replies)
  • philljarvis
    12 Posts
    Sat, Jul 6 2019 2:30 AM

So every now and then I fire up a practice round with high winds on a course like St. Andrews and try and beat my longest drive. A few times I have seemingly hit longer drives, but the stat has not been updated. I have put this down to me misremembering the length or that practice rounds don't count towards stats.

Today, however, I hit a 365 yard drive playing the July St. Andrews Classic. My longest drive is still registered at 363 yards (actually mobile says just under but clearly not 365). What's going on here? Seems broken to me.

FWIW I also hit a 430 yard drive that sadly went through the green and into the rough. Gotta love St. Andrews with high winds! :)

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Sat, Jul 6 2019 7:24 AM

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Sat, Jul 6 2019 10:06 AM

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Sat, Jul 6 2019 10:27 AM

philljarvis:
    Today, however, I hit a 365 yard drive playing the July St. Andrews Classic. My longest drive is still registered at 363 yards (actually mobile says just under but clearly not 365). What's going on here? Seems broken to me.

This wasn't a practice round.

Did you finish the round where you hit it 365yds? Stat's are only from completed rounds.

Also this on your activity: 

06 Jul

philljarvis set a long drive personal best of 362.94 yards.
    Did you hit two massive drives today?
  • alosso
    21,032 Posts
    Sat, Jul 6 2019 2:34 PM

Any Longest Drive must be in a ranked strokeplay round, not practice or Match or A/S.

It must hit fairway or green, not rough or fringe(!)

Looks like you missed one of these cconditions.

• philljarvis
    12 Posts
    Sun, Jul 7 2019 2:35 PM

Can't be 100% sure about other drives, only one that was reported in game as 365 yards. I hadn't noticed the message on my activity, is it possible the 365 yard drive was somehow recorded as a shorter drive in the end? TBH I don't remember precisely what my longest drive used to be, only that is was around 360. 

Definitely finished the round. 

• philljarvis
    12 Posts
    Sun, Jul 7 2019 2:41 PM

Nope, definitely in fairway and was in a ranked round. As has been pointed out above, my activity shows I did indeed hit a new longest drive but the recorded length appears to be lower by a few yards than that shown when playing the game. I understand that the in game value is rounded to the nearest yard, but this was off by more than a yard...

Still seems like a bug to me, just a different one than I first thought!

Mind you, not counting on the fringe also seems wrong if that's really the case....

• DuiTiger6
    9 Posts
    Thu, Jul 18 2019 4:46 AM

If your drive isnt in fairway it won't count I hit 1 at St. Andy's with huge tailwind went like 430yds but went long and was in rough I then noticed it didnt count I can only figure the drive has to end up on fairway to count I even think if you drive green it doesn't count it for some reaso . Hope this might help

RSS