Help › Forums

Re: Cricket

Sat, Dec 31 2011 2:36 PM (155 replies)
  • Boomerboy44
    1,514 Posts
    Thu, Dec 29 2011 8:00 PM

esssy:

cant wait for the next game between INDIA & AUSTRALIA 

Was great bowling by australia to bowl india all out in the 2nd innings to win the match 

sorry post no longer available here my posts has upset some people so im deleting all my posts thank you

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Thu, Dec 29 2011 11:17 PM

Not a bad win by the Aussies, actually...I'm a one-eyed Aussie Cricket Supporter and that win surprised me a little.

Fantastic effort by our Bowlers with the Ball and Bat. The 2 old stagers the press is trying to kick out (Ponting and Hussey), was the backbone in the 2nd innings :) 

India refuses the 3rd umpire replays for decisions... if they had it... the Aussies might have got about 100 runs less in the 2nd innings....lol.

Bring on the next one in Sydney!

-Roger

• couchpot
    929 Posts
    Sat, Dec 31 2011 12:19 PM

The win surprised me as well.  The referral system being absent was interesting but i think it worked out pretty even and was generally well umpired. For example the TV commentators were saying Hussey was given out in the first innings when he shouldnt have been, and there was a definite snick to the keeper that wasnt given in the 2nd innings so all is square.  100 less runs would have meant they only lost by 22 lol.  Bradman (on The Bradman Tapes) where he is interviewed by Alan McGilvray believed ever piece of technology should be used to get the correct decision. Kinda interesting considering he was a relatively conservative fella.

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Sat, Dec 31 2011 2:36 PM

I should rephrase my last comment..... The win didn't surprise me,but how easy it was bowling them out in the 2nd innings surprised me a little...lol.

The Umpires want the technology in, so I hope they don't have a secret agenda and make a few silly decisions to force the ICB to allow it....lol

-Roger

RSS