Help › Forums

Re: Match play tournament

rated by 0 users
Sat, Oct 31 2009 11:48 AM (3 replies)
  • Partsman41953
    341 Posts
    Sat, Oct 31 2009 9:53 AM

Hi there, 

Ever though of having a match play tournament for each player class? 

Thanks

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Sat, Oct 31 2009 10:28 AM

You know, something like this could be done even without having both players together to play the match at the same time.

You could simply take a 9-hole scorecard and match it up to the other players 9-hole scorecard and declare winners that way.  Just be sure to give them the exact same playing conditions.

Probably a far off idea if it even reaches the planning stage, but a thought.

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Sat, Oct 31 2009 10:52 AM

A contrary thought, with all due respect: To me the beauty of match play is seeing your opponent's shot and then playing accordingly... firing at the pin, going for the fat of the green, trying to make the 33' putt to tie the hole rather than getting a safe 2-putt... stuff like that... all relative to the match standing at the time and the number of holes left to play.  Though I'd never want to play Nivlac in match play, using either format!

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Sat, Oct 31 2009 11:48 AM

I agree 100%.  I was only suggesting an idea for workaround because I know how hard it is to get people's schedules to line up properly.

I'd much rather play it out, but I'd also hate to see tourneys filled with a bunch of forfeits. =(

RSS