Forums

Help › Forums

Re: TO ALL CLUB OWNERS

Sat, Jul 6 2019 10:47 PM (17 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Williams01210021
    1,231 Posts
    Wed, Jul 3 2019 12:03 PM

happens to me all the time, getting bored of it now. Not fun having to send a message every time it happens plus also down on credits while waiting to get them back.

• craigswan
    30,973 Posts
    Wed, Jul 3 2019 12:37 PM

play by going to the club homepage and select game .

works better .

• craigswan
    30,973 Posts
    Wed, Jul 3 2019 12:47 PM

• adrob2
    591 Posts
    Wed, Jul 3 2019 12:54 PM

The site in general has been running slow for me the past few days, had same difficulty setting up CC tourney.  Seems to run slow no matter what browser I use.  Maybe Santa and the elves are causing a traffic jam:)

• maoriand1
    1,279 Posts
    Wed, Jul 3 2019 3:11 PM

a bottom to delete tournaments would be usefull

• Gepetto1958
    4,221 Posts
    Wed, Jul 3 2019 4:08 PM

adrob2:
    The site in general has been running slow for me the past few days

same here, thought it was my computer

• jacktrade51
    10,899 Posts
    Sat, Jul 6 2019 10:37 PM

I was in my head composing a letter to WGT on this subject when I ran across this discussion.

Owners should be able to kill tournaments within 24 or 48 hours … not just brackets which I can do now. (Why brackets only?)

I have had 3 problems in Black Diamond GC:

1. a hole new member, a hole tournament.  Worst example was a guy who joined club one day, posted an 18x4 tournament with super fast greens and tied up the slot for 4 weeks, and quit club next day.  It was a hack; he didn't have decency to play round 1.    "Solved" sort of: That's when I killed tournament posting by non-directors.

2. Lag time response from WGT so we end with duplicates.

3. Accidental error in post.  1 v. 5 days in middle of a 3 round 5 day tournament.  Others can add to this.  We catch it within a few hours, but no ability to fix it.

In all cases, club owners should be able to respond without going through WGT.  And if it's on a Friday, we won't hear for 3 days at best from WGT.

Tom.

• jacktrade51
    10,899 Posts
    Sat, Jul 6 2019 10:47 PM

YankeeJim:

JDGHOST:
    .SLOWLY press and hold your "click" ....as apposed to "quick" tap (don't know why that helps) also just "wait" IT WILL "POST" OR CREATE TOURNEY eventually

Regardless of how fast or slow you click, the key is to watch the refresh icon-the circle that turns into an X in the browser address bar. When you click to enter the circle turns into an X and if you click again you'll be posting the same tourney twice. Wait until the refresh circle returns.

This also happens to be why you see multiple posts, not waiting for that X to disappear.

You are a great guy Jim, but you blew this one.  Sometimes the WGT server doesn't respond, circles go round and round, and normal people get impatient.  And worse, the circles circle, but how long are we going to watch that.

I have sorted of learned a work-around ... exit out, re-boot, start over and review where I left off, but that process stinks. 

• PAGES
RSS