Forums

Help › Forums

Re: CLASH 102 - a cruise ship? a yacht? No, a "jet ski!"

Sat, Jun 29 2019 6:00 AM (26 replies)
  • AlaskanDame
    18,876 Posts
    Fri, Jun 28 2019 2:34 PM

zebbydog:
    rule 1 and the most important rule of the club. HAVE FUN. So rule 8 has been binned and players no longer need to play a clash round.

And you guys are still up there at 44th along with BD at 45th.  FUN IS GOOD !!

We are in 55th, just a (useless, really) course builder behind, lol!

And now we are facing #15, lol.  Do we really have to be so much alike, Tom?  (At least it is at Best of Par 5's again, finally.)

• jacktrade51
    10,835 Posts
    Fri, Jun 28 2019 6:48 PM

So we finished up with Erin (1st time) and Olympic on last match.

That makes 6 Olympics, 2 Wolf, 2 BOP5 and 1 Erin.  Guessing we will end up outside top 50, but we might sneak in.

Top 50 is for pride only.  We have custom course rights stored up.  But, 3 3 3 and 2, we are in top 40 easy.  So it goes.  I am not losing any sleep over it.  1 less custom course builder not going to make or break our club.

Again, thanks to AKD for starting this conversation months ago.  It's interesting plus, as said above, I don't understand why it can't be equal.  But as I have also said, we have been on winning side of the variables.

• jacktrade51
    10,835 Posts
    Fri, Jun 28 2019 6:56 PM

On Zebby's post, my (our) policy has always been clashes are purely voluntary.  Those who enjoy do;  those who do not don't.  It does not affect membership in club.

Other things might, but not club clash participation.

• Ketket1
    6,871 Posts
    Fri, Jun 28 2019 7:35 PM

We ended up with 5 x Erin Hills, 4 x Wolf Creek and 2 x Olympic. Was there seriously a BoP5 out there lol. 

• Nancy1959
    7,037 Posts
    Fri, Jun 28 2019 9:31 PM

We played all eleven rounds and didn't see one Best of Par 5's, hahaha!

Our policy is the same....Clash if you want to do so, don't Clash if you don't want to do so. Still, we had 100% of our members play in this one, which doesn't happen in many clubs. Of course, it helps to reach that percentage with only 10 members!   :)

• AlaskanDame
    18,876 Posts
    Fri, Jun 28 2019 9:40 PM

jacktrade51:
    That makes 6 Olympics, 2 Wolf, 2 BOP5 and 1 Erin. 

5 Wolf Creeks and 2 each of the others for FAPC.  

We're outside top 50 also, but esp. with the "glitch" gone, that other course builder is immaterial really.  Our participation rate is up, and that's what is good for the club:  to have both platforms doing something together (we have a total of 30 mobiles and 120 not-mobiles, with a few that play both, like me when I support the Turf Wars and other PC users when they are on the road, either for business or pleasure) --  and to watch the Clash thread I keep up in our club forum for noting individual achievements by all - their name in lights, so to speak - and to get some repartee going from others, too, posting replays and congratulating others for scores and determination.

It's a wrap for us, folks.  Keep happy,  Keep kind.  Have fun!

• dagmla
    734 Posts
    Sat, Jun 29 2019 6:00 AM

Nancy1959:

We played all eleven rounds and didn't see one Best of Par 5's, hahaha!

Our policy is the same....Clash if you want to do so, don't Clash if you don't want to do so. Still, we had 100% of our members play in this one, which doesn't happen in many clubs. Of course, it helps to reach that percentage with only 10 members!   :)

Good stuff! What is the name of your club? I think we both were at the Bro for awhile.

RSS