Help › Forums

Re: NEW IDEAS

Thu, Jun 27 2019 4:01 PM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • MDWa
    23 Posts
    Sat, Jun 22 2019 2:18 PM

Hello to all.

I would just like to make a few suggestions to making the game me interesting.

1. Introduce weather-RAIN. why? Rain does a couple of things. It slows down how far the ball rolls, how far it travels. That would make putting more of a challenge. That's better than dots that lie!!!

2.I would like the option to look at the green. I also would like to look at it from any direction I choose. I don't think I have ever seen a professional been told hey you cant come up here and look at the green.

3. What is up with the views on the greens?? Is it too complicated to have a view that is straight? Some views are off to 1 side, I have yet to see someone stand to the side of their ball to read the break on a putt.

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Sat, Jun 22 2019 2:44 PM

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Sat, Jun 22 2019 5:09 PM

• opyeuclid
    6,706 Posts
    Sat, Jun 22 2019 7:08 PM

Priceless shots .

OPY 

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Sat, Jun 22 2019 7:47 PM

You have to think of playing this game sort of like looking at pictures in a photo album or videos on your phone.  You can't see what is not already there.  

If you want slower greens - you can play them, you want higher winds, you can dial them up.  Lots of things you can't do in RL.

Just play what is here and have fun with it as is.  It will not change much!

• MDWa
    23 Posts
    Sun, Jun 23 2019 6:48 PM

Have the developers of this game ever thought of an overhaul? What I mean is make a BIG BIG Change. Have you ever hear of World of Warcraft? That would be the best ay I could describe what I wish WGT's graphics were- on the green and every where. It would be very cool to look at the slope of a green on a Par 3. Honestly it gets boring having only 2 pin locations.

• AgentBrown123
    907 Posts
    Sun, Jun 23 2019 8:33 PM

MDWa:

Have the developers of this game ever thought of an overhaul? What I mean is make a BIG BIG Change. Have you ever hear of World of Warcraft? That would be the best ay I could describe what I wish WGT's graphics were- on the green and every where. It would be very cool to look at the slope of a green on a Par 3. Honestly it gets boring having only 2 pin locations.

That will never happen. Over the last 10 years playing this, the game is basically stayed the same. The way they design and produce courses wouldn't make this possible. Views on putts are the way they are because of the pictures they took of course. Same with pin locations. They only took so many pictures of greens. They would have to revisit course and take more pictures to add more pin locations. Ever been on a green where there is no reverse view? Even on some produced courses and pins they are missing images.

Good luck though with your pointers.

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Sun, Jun 23 2019 8:42 PM

MDWa:

BIG BIG Changes cost BIG BIG money.  Ready to pay for it?  "War" games do not use real footage and views like this game uses from real golf courses - if they did it would cost a fortune.  Look at Cabo to see what simulated golf looks like - not good.

A lot of folks don't think TopGolf owns WGT to make money but to advertise their other businesses, so they are not likely to spend a lot of money on it.  It would be nice but probably not likely.  For them to spend a lot on WGT would probably require a subscription-based game and they apparently feel that would not fly.  Who knows?

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Mon, Jun 24 2019 4:19 AM

DoctorLarry is absolutely right about Topgolf not wanting to put money into WGT. There is even speculation as to why the purchase was completed. It certainly was not done because WGT was going to add to Topgolf's bottom line. Most likely the sale was made so that Topgolf could acquire technology and the services of  YuChiang Cheng.

• Tigerpaw509
    1,285 Posts
    Mon, Jun 24 2019 8:03 AM

EA Sports had rain, wildlife ,could move around in tee box and move the overhead around the screen and other things 20 years ago on the PC version,to many cheats on the box platforms

• PAGES
RSS