Forums

Help › Forums

Re: app version room selection not available in web version

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jun 28 2019 4:59 AM (5 replies)
  • LanikaiLarry
    4 Posts
    Sat, Jun 22 2019 12:07 AM

Hi - I recently came back to WGT after a long time (years?) away. I've quickly moved up to Pro level, belong to a Country Club, and have been playing head to head in various "rooms" (like Beverly Hills, Shanghai, etc.).  

Except that's only available, apparently, on the APP version of the game.  When I went to play on my laptop through the web version, everything is different - there's no "room selection" options.  And there's no "Sponsorship" features.  

And in the Country Club, the web version doesn't have a "chat" feature.  

Sadly, I am much better, it turns out, using the web version, with my mouse, than I am with my fat fingers on the iPad.

Anyone have any idea if I'm just missing where the links are for these things in the web version? Or is it just not available? 

Thanks!  Either way, I really enjoy it. Just wish I could do all those things on my laptop with my mouse.  

• DoctorLarry
    4,275 Posts
    Sun, Jun 23 2019 12:23 PM

These are totally different games.  The mobile version is an app, and the PC version is a flash-based program.  They are quite different and have different features and capabilities.  The game rooms and apparel options are all mobile "features" and are not on PC.  

I don't know if the mobile app has the capabilities for match play, alternate shot play, etc, which make the PC version quite fun.

IMHO, the PC version is much richer with many more capabilities and options for play but YMMV.

• LanikaiLarry
    4 Posts
    Wed, Jun 26 2019 11:22 PM

Thanks for explaining.  It was quite confusing.  I find I enjoy the app version because of my participation in a country club, with club benefits and being able to participate in group head to head matches with other clubs through games only available in the app version.  Will experiment with the pc version though as well.  It's really enjoyable overall. 

• DoctorLarry
    4,275 Posts
    Thu, Jun 27 2019 4:12 PM

LanikaiLarry:

Thanks for explaining.  It was quite confusing.  I find I enjoy the app version because of my participation in a country club, with club benefits and being able to participate in group head to head matches with other clubs through games only available in the app version.  Will experiment with the pc version though as well.  It's really enjoyable overall. 

Well Country Clubs exist in the PC version as well - some are PC only, some are mobile only but many are mixed.  You can enjoy match play and alternate shot play on PC with multiple players and the CC clashes are every two weeks - they are going on right now.

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Thu, Jun 27 2019 10:36 PM

LanikaiLarry:
    Or is it just not available? 
    This!

The only (/methinks) similar function between the PC and mobile versions is stroke play. (*) While these are in the PC menu, you have to go via "courses" on Mobile. Some courses may be unavailable on Mobile.

(Stroke play) tournaments are also available on all platforms, as are Clashes.

But, MP games only on PC, and H2H and "Room" games only on Mobile.

(*) Edit: CTTH are also available on both platforms.

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Fri, Jun 28 2019 4:59 AM

LanikaiLarry: If you find the mouse helpful, you might try an emulator such as Nox or Bluestacks. Download an emulator which will allow your laptop to play apps. Then get the WGT app and presto, you have the mobile version playable on your laptop.

This also makes it possible to view 2 credit videos on your laptop, even though they are not available on the web based version of WGT.

RSS