Forums

Help › Forums

Re: So, this happened today...

Sun, Jun 30 2019 1:29 PM (24 replies)
  • AlaskanDame
    18,958 Posts
    Sun, Jun 23 2019 4:25 PM

mrcaddie:

What an incredible day at the Travelers today! Congrats to Chez Reavie!

MC

Leaderboard sure doesn’t tell the whole story.  Bradley only down by 1 going into #17.  Wow.

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Mon, Jun 24 2019 1:50 AM

Played some golf over the weekend, saw my eldest son marry - back home and enjoying your report.

Cheers!

• 1irony
    415 Posts
    Mon, Jun 24 2019 5:52 PM

I've been lucky enough to attend a handful of pro tournaments, including the Travelers twice, in 2016 when Jim Furyk shot 58 and in 2017 when Jordan Speith holed out from the bunker to win in the playoff. I got a couple of pictures from the fairway where he dumped his second in the bunker that I'll post later when i get a chance. Hopefully I'll be at Winged Foot next year as well, considering its only an hour away.

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Mon, Jun 24 2019 6:51 PM

1irony:
    I've been lucky enough to attend a handful of pro tournaments, including the Travelers twice, in 2016 when Jim Furyk shot 58 and in 2017 when Jordan Speith holed out from the bunker to win in the playoff. I got a couple of pictures from the fairway where he dumped his second in the bunker that I'll post later when i get a chance. Hopefully I'll be at Winged Foot next year as well, considering its only an hour away.

Hey 1irony,

I was there in 2016 as well, we were there on Thursday, not Sunday, so we didn't get to see Furyk's record breaking round.

http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/408980.aspx

Some WGT friends and I have played at Bethpage and up in Cooperstown over the past three years or so (you can find the threads in the forums with a little searching).

Would like to know if you play golf IRL and if you're in CT or NY, sending a friend invite now.

Have fun at Winged Foot, maybe a few of us will make the drive over. Can't wait to see your pics from 2016.

MC

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Tue, Jun 25 2019 5:37 AM

Brilliant Wayne. Top story and I know from experience of your generosity.

Please leave me out of draw as I've been gifted enough from you my friend.

• drmoose
    3,532 Posts
    Tue, Jun 25 2019 6:31 AM

bubbsboy:
    Please leave me out of draw as I've been gifted enough from you my friend.

x2, m'friend.

Doc :)

• Gepetto1958
    4,218 Posts
    Tue, Jun 25 2019 7:55 AM

You can even hear the spongy shoes of golfers walking after their tee off lol

Cool vids.

• 1irony
    415 Posts
    Wed, Jun 26 2019 12:48 PM

mrcaddie:

1irony:

Hey 1irony,

I was there in 2016 as well, we were there on Thursday, not Sunday, so we didn't get to see Furyk's record breaking round.

http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/408980.aspx

Some WGT friends and I have played at Bethpage and up in Cooperstown over the past three years or so (you can find the threads in the forums with a little searching).

Would like to know if you play golf IRL and if you're in CT or NY, sending a friend invite now.

Have fun at Winged Foot, maybe a few of us will make the drive over. Can't wait to see your pics from 2016.

MC

Unlucky choice of day there! I do play golf IRL (4.whatever HCP) and I have played both Bethpage (Red only, unfortunately) and Leatherstocking, two great courses. Sadly I don't have any pictures from 2016, but I have some from 2017 that I'll post when time permits, which might be a few days. LOL

Cheers,

Darren

• craigswan
    30,953 Posts
    Wed, Jun 26 2019 1:55 PM

I'm spoilt I know .

Living at st Andrews I see the pro's and the personalities a lot .

I'm afraid we treat them here like a.n.other.

Some are great . Some are not .

• Leggoman13
    8,257 Posts
    Wed, Jun 26 2019 2:30 PM

nice pictures and stories.

And you are just in time to put your name down for the Andyson 2019 Memorial Tourney.

cheers

Pierre :o)

p.,s. nice to hear from you...

RSS