Forums

Help › Forums

Re: bar jump

Fri, Oct 30 2009 12:47 PM (3 replies)
  • djnels32
    5 Posts
    Fri, Oct 30 2009 10:59 AM

I have very high speed internet but my bar is still jumping. Not to bad, but bad enough to mess up my shots. I think my average would be 5 lower if I did not have this problem. Also it doesnt occur all of the time. So what I am asking is if anyone has any tips to help this problem?

• naughty1
    104 Posts
    Fri, Oct 30 2009 11:14 AM

djnels32:

I have very high speed internet but my bar is still jumping

This may help, and then it may not. I have come to the conclusion that a fix for this problem is not available. I also have come to the conclusion that almost all have the problem, so my final conclusion is ----do not let it get you down, play the best you can and with most games, you will not be alone with a bad meter

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Fri, Oct 30 2009 11:43 AM

djnels32:
    I have very high speed internet but my bar is still jumping.

The jumping bar has almost certainly nothing to do with the speed of your Internet connection. Try to follow the recommendations in this thread. (And I mean carefully following each of them, not glancing cursorily over them and dismiss them without trying.)

A few tips not explicitly mentioned in that thread:

• You might try GameBooster.
    • Close the original browser window from which you launched the game pop-up window. Many players forget to do this, but the difference in terms of the skipping meter can be dramatic.
    • If the meter jumps, let it pass all the way to the right without clicking your mouse. Then take another swing. It's unusual for the meter to be skipping on every swing you take, unless some other processes are simultaneously running on your computer.
  • WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Fri, Oct 30 2009 12:47 PM

Please also try minimizing the processes running on your machine while you are playing (ie virus scanners, large applications)

RSS