Help › Forums

Re: Country Club Tournaments

rated by 0 users
Thu, Jun 20 2019 2:31 AM (4 replies)
  • CLinz49
    9 Posts
    Mon, Jun 17 2019 9:41 PM

Hello,

I was reading in the help/FAQ section about how to create Club Tournaments so members can compete against each other for the mythical Club Championship and the instructions were very straightforward and simple. Only one problem, our Club's homepage does not have the "Create Club Tournaments" button that it says should be there for any member to use. Why is this the case?

• DoctorLarry
    4,275 Posts
    Tue, Jun 18 2019 7:36 PM

CLinz49:

Hello,

I was reading in the help/FAQ section about how to create Club Tournaments so members can compete against each other for the mythical Club Championship and the instructions were very straightforward and simple. Only one problem, our Club's homepage does not have the "Create Club Tournaments" button that it says should be there for any member to use. Why is this the case?

You probably need to ask the CC owner.  They may have the permissions set for only certain CC member levels to create tournaments/

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Tue, Jun 18 2019 10:52 PM

+1!

More precise, the owner didn't care to change any member's "title" from Recruit. The permission to set up tournaments is part of the owner's tools on the CC page and is by standard disabled for Recruits. Making them "Members" in the CC list (three dots on the right) might fix that.

=> Get your CC owner to act on his CC options!

OTOH, the owner hasn't been playing for a month, and only a few members (5?) have been playing since then, so the CC may have morphed to a "dead" CC if he retired from the game.

=> Consider to change CCs.

• AlaskanDame
    18,869 Posts
    Wed, Jun 19 2019 9:30 AM
    alosso:
    OTOH, the owner hasn't been playing for a month, and only a few members (5?) have been playing since then,
    I see only 6 who have played in 2019, not "since then."

I have taken in the OP, happily. Even my "recruits" are encouraged to create tournaments.
  • alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Thu, Jun 20 2019 2:31 AM

Kudos - now he's in good company!

RSS