Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Make Simple Driving Range!!! and Augusta course

rated by 0 users
Wed, Jul 17 2019 3:17 PM (9 replies)
  • RohrerJ
    1 Posts
    Fri, Jun 14 2019 9:08 PM

can you make a simple driving range untimed and for practice. also lengthen it for drives!!!!

please!!!

i would go to that range all the time.

thank you, other than that more courses...they are great to get familiar with so watching golf is even more interactive

augusta!

• DoctorLarry
    4,275 Posts
    Sat, Jun 15 2019 11:09 PM

RohrerJ:

can you make a simple driving range untimed and for practice. also lengthen it for drives!!!!

please!!!

thank you, other than that more courses...they are great to get familiar with so watching golf is even more interactive

augusta!

About 100% sure those will not happen.  These have been asked eleventy bazillion times and not happened yet..........

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Sun, Jun 16 2019 3:24 AM

+100 Larry!

RohrerJ:
    can you make a simple driving range untimed and for practice

How much would you pay for the use to compensate their effort?

User's workaround: Play BPB back nine - a few flat holes - multi-purpose.
    In practice mode, you can use (expensive) mulligans!

RohrerJ:
    augusta!
    Probably exclusively licensed to EA Sports(?)

• BHenke2
    397 Posts
    Sun, Jun 16 2019 6:14 AM

RohrerJ:
    other than that more courses...

You have zero ranked rounds on any of the available courses and you are already complaining that there are not enough courses to play. Wow!

• lonniescott711
    4,180 Posts
    Sun, Jun 16 2019 8:50 AM

RohrerJ:

please!!!

augusta!

If you would get out of those coin rooms and really learn the game , you wouldnt need a driving range . Use stroke play practice rounds and put your time in . There are more than enough courses to keep you busy . You havent learned them enough to win on them .  

Also WGT cant just add courses without permission . If they could we would have had Augusta years ago . Next time use the search >>>>>>>>>>> before posting on your topic as it will save you a lot of time .

• 0552tjc
    14 Posts
    Mon, Jul 15 2019 5:44 AM

Have we gotten a reason why there's not a driving range?  For the haters out there, I've been playing WGT for years.   I've played all aspects and games.   A simple driving range makes perfect sense.   This way one can understand all capabilities of their clubs.  

WGT does a wonderful job making this game as realistic as possible.  A driving range is part of that experience.  

Thank you. 

• lonniescott711
    4,180 Posts
    Mon, Jul 15 2019 8:55 AM

0552tjc:
    I've been playing WGT for years.   I've played all aspects and games.

No you havent :

58 Ranked Rounds 

0 Match Play 

0 Alternate Shot  

Stroke play practice rounds will give you everything that you need . You can pick a hole and practice any shot type that you want . You can also use the CTTH courses to work on your short game as well . So you can practice every aspect of the game without a driving range . 

• RolfNg
    1 Posts
    Wed, Jul 17 2019 1:04 PM

I am just new here and far away from knowing how this all works, but: a driving range is completely different from playing a practice round. 

On a driving range you make a huge number of shots with always the same club, so you can experiment with that specific club. A practice round simulates the course. Both of them are important.

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Wed, Jul 17 2019 1:58 PM

RolfNg:
    A practice round simulates the course.

Not really, if you need to practise, find the weekly/monthly unlimited strokeplay round, you’ll have a maximum amount of shots for each hole. Hit the ball up & down the fairway, from the tee/rough etc.

In a PR you use a ‘mulligan’ which is two hits for one. 

It’s been mentioned several times by ‘top’ players that a practise round does not play the same as a stroke round.

Lizard69 and Yannis1970 have all posted this in the past.

But wait…..they’ll be the usual crowd along soon with their input!!

• Robert1893
    7,650 Posts
    Wed, Jul 17 2019 3:17 PM

RSS